HR Jobs in Adelaide or just jobs in general.....

Guest LeeBaz21

Guest LeeBaz21

Hi everyone, fellow Irish/Brits/Pommies!

I have been here just 4 weeks yesterday and finding that I am getting nowhere fast with regards to getting a job? I have a degree in Human Resources but willing to work office work etc. Anyone else feeling discriminated against???? I just want a job! :arghh:

Edited by LeeBaz21

• 3 weeks later...

This might be better moved to the jobs/careers section for more responses - just an idea.

Workwise things have slowed down here in my opinion, there has always been lots of competition for jobs but more so now I feel, jobs being advertised on seek are being pulled off before the closing dates because they are drowning in applications. My background is in HR in the UK and I found it very difficult to get into a HR role, but then other people strike lucky, sometimes it is the luck of the draw!

My wife works in HR and has has two jobs since we've been here. It took her about 4 weeks after starting looking. Be prepared to take a 6-12 month contract to start with, get some aussie experience and then look for something permenant.

Thats whet she did and has been at the same firm for 18 months.

Speak to the agencies - Hender, Hayes and Hudson are three here that do a lot of HR stuff.

Things are getting tighter here but there are still plenty of jobs for good people with a bit of initiative.

Guest RedAppointments

Hi All

Im currently seeking experienced Rubber Liners for FIFO Jobs.

Basically for people who dont know a rubber liner is someone who lines steel spools(Pipework with flanges etc on the end)and tanks and other assosiated equipment with different thickness and grades of rubber to protect the metal from wearing out. Sounds boring but is an art form in itself and the wages are good.

If anyone knows anyone with this type of experience please contact Ange via PM I have 2 position starting ASAP

Have a lovely weekend

Edited by Diane
phone num,ber removed

• 2 weeks later...