Guest Sparol

Reduced Flights and Extra Baggage from IOM

Guest Sparol

Hi All,

I received the following email in response to a question about reduced flights and extra baggage when flying out for good as I was unsure whether it was just available when you got your visa verified for the first time, thought it might be useful:

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Just to clarify, will my family and I still be eligible for a discounted one-way trip and additional baggage next December if we have already stamped our visas with a return trip arranged by ourselves next April? Many people I have spoken to are unsure whether the discount only applies to a first trip.

Thanks

Owen

Dear Owen

Yes, you can avail of the IOM fares next December as you did not book with IOM on your first travel to Australia in April.

Best Regards

IOM Australia

Guest lebour

Sorry - but your email that you got in response makes no sense to me....

You can get their fares from what they are saying. But they don't mention the extra baggage. I'd be wary as you may not get the excess if its already validated. Double check that bit.

ETA - I know over on PIO there is a thread about the IOM deals and there are changes occurring re the migrant fares and allowance on some visa types it seems. So worth people checking it out to find out when etc.

Edited by snifter

Guest CarlyT

we validated our visa's last dec and were told by all agents we weren't eligible for extra baggage now :-( hope they don't charge us too much!!! :confused:

Guest deardos

Hi,

I contacted them and had a response from IOM. They passed me ontop there agents where I recieved a quote. To be honest the price on SkyScanner was cheaper and we have been told by the shipping agents if you tell one of the Airlines you are migrating and have a one way they will give you 50kg per person. I am yet to clarify this one.

Deardos