Sign in to follow this  
Guest Twinkle

Recieving gift from UK

Guest Twinkle

Hi

I wonder if anyone can advise me. My daughter has got 2 soft toys to send over from the UK for my younger daughter, does she just use royal mail? Also do they have the tracking numbers and signiture on delivery, and how long/ expensive is it likely to be, are there restrictions?

Another thing is they have a small musical box inside and am concerned customs may think something is hidden and cut open the toys, has anyone else ever had simular musical toys from overseas which arrived in one piece.

Thank you!!

I have had lots of things sent over from UK a lot of car parts and have never had any trouble my sister sends choc and crisps all the time and once or twice they have been opened with a not inside telling you that they have been opend but never stoped them comming in.

Airmail should be fine. Might not be cheap though. They scan everything so it should be fine clearing the Aus end so long as nothing suspect shows up in the scan.

If you want a tracking number and signature on delivery you'll need to use something like UPS or Parcelforce and that won't be cheap.

It could also be sent surface mail which will take 2-3 months via sea/land but costs a lot less.