Meet up for older people (continued from Steph and Martin's threadl) :D

Lazy Cow

I'm in, silly question or maybe not is there a particular location at the sailing club and how am going to find you??

Be good to see you :)

And no, not a silly question at all! More like a silly omission on my part lol!

I will pm you my mobile number (if I post it on here one of the mods will only have to take time to remove it.... I assume it is so that nutters like Tyke don't make nuisance calls :eek: ) but if you go upstairs into the public bar we'll be on the balcony, bravely bearing the cold. I have longish, blonde (white if you're one of the nastier kids I know!) hair and will be sitting with a tall, baldish, bikie-looking spunk. All sounds a bit Secret Service, doesn't it? Plus, I will have a copy of Saturday's paper on the table.

I'm not very good at this but hopefully, it will work. Let ne know if I've missed anything else out, please?

:wubclub: LC

Guest Guest75
Be good to see you :)

And no, not a silly question at all! More like a silly omission on my part lol!

I will pm you my mobile number (if I post it on here one of the mods will only have to take time to remove it.... I assume it is so that nutters like Tyke don't make nuisance calls :eek: ) but if you go upstairs into the public bar we'll be on the balcony, bravely bearing the cold. I have longish, blonde (white if you're one of the nastier kids I know!) hair and will be sitting with a tall, baldish, bikie-looking spunk. All sounds a bit Secret Service, doesn't it? Plus, I will have a copy of Saturday's paper on the table.

I'm not very good at this but hopefully, it will work. Let ne know if I've missed anything else out, please?

:wubclub: LC

Oi!! I resemble that!!!

I have plenty of numbers/ emails addies and Facebook pages to be going on with thanks ( make an enemy a day - keep brain dead away!)

So I can't come ( er) attend in my pink budgie smugglers??

Oh,and those smart trainers we bought on your eBay account??

Not going to be waving a Union

Jack??

Guest Guest75

Err,when you say West Beach Sailing Club - you mean the one on the end of Barcoo Road,where the boat launch ramp is and Sea Rescue??

Just checking and online it's called Adelaide Sailing Club.

We had a good time too. Not sure we managed to meet everyone as we had to dash off - husband always has work to do!

But it was dead good to come along and I'm really really pleased we did. I was a bit uncertain as I'm not too good with new people but everyone was so welcoming. Cheered me up no end. :biggrin:

So thanks everyone and thanks to LC for organising.

Would be great to do it again

But it was dead good to come along and I'm really really pleased we did. I was a bit uncertain as I'm not too good with new people but everyone was so welcoming. Cheered me up no end. :biggrin:

That's lovely to hear, Caroline. I wish I had spoken to you but the end of the table seemed so faaaraway ;)

I hope we get to actually meet properly next time. Mottie, aka Julie, is very kindly organising the next one via the other, similarly named, thread. I'm hoping the mods will lock this thread as it is now sooo last week lol!

Till next time everybody!

LC