shipping gravy powder !!!!

Guest jellybean3456

Guest jellybean3456

Hi

does anyone know if you are allowed to take gravy powder and stock cubes either in a suitcase or hand luggage ?

thanks

jellybean

Guest philnjulie

My grandmother brought us some across in her hand luggage and declared three tubs of bisto and they took them offf her - contained eggs and milk they mentioned didnt want foot and mouth across here!!

Guest zx6roo

you can't bring it in if it has beef in it due to mad cow/foot & mouth (If you give blood you can't do it here for the same reasons) unless you get a customs guy that is slack. Mindyou last time I got someone to bring me 8 tubs I only ended up with 4. bribery without cash, lol.

It's the same with most foods.. no meat, nut or fruit/veg products. No mud on shoes, no animal hair on clothes in suitcase etc... they all get cleaned and you have to go backa nd get them later (I bought my horse stuff out)

Guest salisbury massive

I think it depends on who you get at customs.

I bought back 2 massive tubs of Bisto in October, along with Jaffa cakes, chocolate spread and paxo stuffing for various people, I told him what I had in the case and he didn't even ask me to open it.

M mum and dad bought roughly the same in March and they checked it all and took the chocolate spread off her as its classed as a liquid and was in a jar over 100 mls.

I reckon its pot luck, so bring it anyway. Make sure its in the case and not hand luggage.

Jo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest75
yep we supplied andy and lynsey with bisto told by customs only parsley sauce bisto not allowed:biglaugh:

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

How's the house going???