Guest jellybean3456

shipping gravy powder !!!!

Guest jellybean3456

Hi

does anyone know if you are allowed to take gravy powder and stock cubes either in a suitcase or hand luggage ?

thanks

jellybean

not sure, there is a few english shops in adeliade that sell english food..why do you want to put gravey in your hand luggage just put it in the suitcase

Yes you can put it in your suitcase - just declare it when you get here, sometimes works to your advantage as you get through customs a little quicker (that queue always seems to move faster!)

Lindsey:D

Guest Guest75

Yup - that works,having seen soneone we know bring lots of it over for their good friends;);)

Guest philnjulie

My grandmother brought us some across in her hand luggage and declared three tubs of bisto and they took them offf her - contained eggs and milk they mentioned didnt want foot and mouth across here!!

Guest zx6roo

you can't bring it in if it has beef in it due to mad cow/foot & mouth (If you give blood you can't do it here for the same reasons) unless you get a customs guy that is slack. Mindyou last time I got someone to bring me 8 tubs I only ended up with 4. bribery without cash, lol.

It's the same with most foods.. no meat, nut or fruit/veg products. No mud on shoes, no animal hair on clothes in suitcase etc... they all get cleaned and you have to go backa nd get them later (I bought my horse stuff out)

Guest salisbury massive

I think it depends on who you get at customs.

I bought back 2 massive tubs of Bisto in October, along with Jaffa cakes, chocolate spread and paxo stuffing for various people, I told him what I had in the case and he didn't even ask me to open it.

M mum and dad bought roughly the same in March and they checked it all and took the chocolate spread off her as its classed as a liquid and was in a jar over 100 mls.

I reckon its pot luck, so bring it anyway. Make sure its in the case and not hand luggage.

Jo

Yup - that works,having seen soneone we know bring lots of it over for their good friends;);)

:biglaugh::biglaugh: My sausage and mash tastes lovely now - Next time I'll ask for some good pork sausages too - what do you reckon in the hand luggage or in the case !!!!!

Lindsey

Guest the garnetts

yep we supplied andy and lynsey with bisto told by customs only parsley sauce bisto not allowed:biglaugh:

Guest Guest75
    yep we supplied andy and lynsey with bisto told by customs only parsley sauce bisto not allowed:biglaugh:

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

How's the house going???