Guest jorose

Robe

Guest jorose

Hi

Has anyone got any recommendations for things to do/see in and around Robe, not for the purpose of Great Ocean road trip, just as a short stay? Also, any recommendations for accommodation?

Thanks.

Jo

Guest Damien

I've just moved after 2 years in the SE. Robe is amazing. Long Beach is ace, you can drive on it with a 2wd. Then there's Canunda NP, Little Dip, the fishing is out of this world (but not as good as KI). We took the outlaws there last year and they loved it. It's also easy distance to Kingston SE and Beachport (beautiful!). I think it's the Robe Boat Show in a couple of weeks time too. Food at Belgiornos is pretty good too.Damo

As Damien above said. I've been a couple of times and don't remember actually doing much except relaxing. Theres a good fish restaurant in the main street but you need to book a table in high season. I camped so have no idea about accommodation. The beach cliff walk past the light house is good. Top place for a weekend break.

Guest Shanners

Hi Jo,

We have just come back from a camping trip at Robe - stayed at the big 4 discovery camp site at Long Beach.

Apart from relaxing there are plenty of other things to do.

- Although I'm not a into fishing some of the families we went with found some great fishing spots.

- Also had a day of 4WDriving in the dunes. There is a 40km track (sometimes quite tricky) from Robe to Beachport

- Plenty of water sports (there are Kayak and surf boards for hire at long beach)

- A couple of golf courses nearby although we didn't get to have a game this year

- Also trips out to the Blue Lake at Mount Gambier and the Naracoorte Caves (both about an hours drive)

We have been twice and would certainly go again.

Cheers

Chris

Loads of great places to stay

http://www.takeabreak.com.au/Robe/LimestoneCoast/accomodation-2.htm

We've just come back from a long weekend there and visited

Nelson, on the Glenelg River (boat trip to the Princess Margaret Rose Caves)

Mount Gambier - Umpherston Sinkhole and Blue Lake

Penola and Coonawarra

Naracoorte - fantastic caves - especially the bat cave at dusk/night (that one's free)

Millicent is interesting and you can also drive past the huge wind farm

The Jetty and Bowman Scenic Drive at Beachport are great to visit - you can swim in the Siloam Lake

Get hold of the Limestone Coast Book from the Tourist Info - loads of ideas and accomodation

DSC05275.jpg

Edited by jtct

Guest Damien

That's Larry the lobster in kingston. Apparently they ordered it in imperial (ie 11ft) to fit on the restaraunt's roof but the artist misread and made it in metric (ie 11m) so it wouldn't fit! Doh!

Guest jorose

Thank you for all your replies. We now have a short break booked in Robe. Hopefully others will have found this thread useful too.