Reccie over & home again

Guest bookworm64

Guest bookworm64

Hi All

Well, those 19 days went pretty darn quick!!:(

I have had a few days to think about it all and i am soo going to emigrate!!!!

Things that i have noticed since i got back:

1. Traffic is a nightmare! Tried to drive into town this afternoon but traffic was bad so turned round and came home. At least in Adelaide you can get to where you want to go, with very little hassle.

2. My house has definately shrunk!

3. I feel like there is no space and i am hemmed in, whether in or outside. The supernarket yesterday was awful, thought i was going to have trolley rage, again too many people in the UK, we are all fighting for a bit of space aren't we??

4. No farmers Union iced coffee

5. adelaide is a fantastic place to live and raise kids. I was lucky to have a tour of a high school and daughter and I both impressed. also accompained my friend to the hospital and dentist and again, both very clean and impressive.

6. the ozzie kids we very polite and helpful, we caught a number of buses with school kids and they got off their seats in order for other older people to sit:shocked:did not see any large groups of kids hanging doing nothing, even in the big shopping village opposite the high school!

in general i found the people to be really friendly and chatting whilst out shopping etc etc. and can't wait to go back asap.

Guest Helen8367

Glad you had a fab time..am very jealous. You are deffo up for going then after your reccie?

Good for you and your post really cheered me up

Thanks

Helen

;)

Guest bookworm64

hi

yes defo up for it, and so is my daughter. we both fell in love with the whole lifestyle. the beaches are gorgeous too we went to Glenelg which was beautiful.

now just need to find out a few things then hopefully we can start with the visa application yahoo!

Guest Django

:shocked: a positive post???? I'd better delete it.:biglaugh:

Hi Michelle,

Glad you made it back. We shall have to organise a get together so you can share your experience. Sounds like you had a fabby time.:) Bet you didn't want to come back.;)

Pete

Guest bookworm64

hi Pete,

thanks for the welcome back, and yes your'e correct we did not want to come back, we both cried buckets at the airport!

I am so glad i went as i have made a number of contacts for jobs for both Phil and I.

Adelaide is such a great place and the thing that both Becky and I couldn't get over was the space. I defo have a space thing going on. just been outside in the back garden and i could hear the entire conversation of my neighbour, something you just don't get over there!

how did the meet go? hopefully it was good and we can arrange another one .

as I go about my daily stuff i keep comparing here to oz and i have to say oz wins!!!

Michelle

Guest bookworm64

hi

thanks for the positive comments, just thought it would be nice to say what i really thought and felt.

i stayed with a friend, we used to work together here in uk, lost touch and she found me on facebook, so it was great to catch up and see her again. with her being a true aussie, and lived on both sides i got a great insight how she felt living here and being back in adelaide. she loved it over here, but is glad to be home. she is coming to stay with me in may.

i stayed with her and her family, she has 4 teenage boys so got too meet a lot of teenagers! who were really lovely and polite, ozzies ae really hot in teaching their offspring good manners. She lives in Greenwith, Golden Grove and if all goes to plan so will i! had a look around the high school golden grove is a lovely area. also had a look a salisbury heights and elizebeth, both popular with poms but i preferred g/grove.

the flight there was okay, just extremly long, left on tuesday and landed thursday stopover in bangkok. flight home was better probably due to time zones but i have decided when i emigrate going to stop over in a few different countries to make it more interesting.

hope this helps feel free to ask any questions happy to help if i can with my little bit of "knowledge"

Michelle

Guest Suzie

Hi Michelle

We are at the start of the whole process and it is great to hear about your reccie. Especially interesting to hear of your Australian friend. Does she just prefer Oz as it's home or are there specifics as well? Glad it's given you such a boost!