Jessica Berry

NEW DATE - Resume/Job Advice & Guidance Workshop - 20 April 2013

Due to the success of the last workshop I am proposing to run another one. The workshop is useful to anyone who is either looking for a job now or in the future. The last group had a mix of people that had been in Adelaide from 1 month to 3 years, so no matter how long you have been here I am sure you will learn something and that could be the thing that gets you the job!

I have been providing advice and guidance in the Jobs & Careers section of Poms in Adelaide for several years.

I have noticed the same struggles and issues people are facing securing work or progressing in the Adelaide job market. This is a chance to gain honest and practical advice in a workshop environment.

I am an Australian qualified and experienced Career Adviser, HR/Recruitment professional and Trainer and Assessor. I am also a member of the Career Development Association of Australia.

I have worked in many roles and industries (see below) in Adelaide and this gives me the experience and knowledge to provide up to date advice and guidance.

Project Recruiter

Recruitment Adviser

Human Resource Officer

Assistant HR Consultant

Office Coordinator

Project Officer

Business Trainer and Assessor

Recruitment Coordinator

Examinations Administrator

Project Administrator

Not for profit

Aviation

Higher Education

Training

Engineering and Construction

Defence

Transport

Local Government

State Government

I am proposing to run a workshop (if there is enough interest) covering:

• Australian resume and CV (what is the difference?) advice and tips.

• Information on the Adelaide job market and a ‘behind the scenes’ guide to recruitment and selection.

• How to give you the competitive edge against hundreds of others applicants applying for the same job.

• What salary are you looking for? How to answer this question and understand what the job will be paying.

• General employment and training advice and guidance.

• Networking opportunities.

GIVE YOURSELF AN ADVANTAGE OVER OTHER JOB SEEKERS AND COME ALONG TO THIS WORKSHOP.

The workshop details are as follows:

Date: Saturday 20 April 2013

Time: 8.45am for a 9.00am start till 12.00-12.30pm depending on how many questions people have!

Cost:
    PM me for details

Venue: PM me for details

If you would like to secure your place on this workshop or for more information please contact me via private message (PM).

Hi all

I have applied for many jobs over here and not had any come back at all. I attended Jessica's last workshop and it was very informative and worthwhile so definitely worth a few dollars spent.

Edited by McGintyoz

Hi all

I have applied for many jobs over here and not had any come back at all. I attended Jessica's last workshop and it was very informative and worthwhile so definitely worth a few dollars spent.

I was also at the last workshop and its definitely worth investing a bit of time to attend. Like a lot on here I found it a real mission to get a decent job on arrival so for those looking for work or thinking of career change, Jessica knows her stuff and will help you out. Recommended!

The areas I generally see people needing assistance in, and will cover in the workshop, are:

Understanding how the Adelaide job market works

Resumes - people in general put a lot of unnecessary information in their resumes and do not understand how that information is perceived by employers/recruiters

Salary levels - where to pitch themselves and understanding what jobs pay.

Guest NEWTOAUS

Hi,

Can you please PM me the details.

Thanks.

Due to the success of the last workshop I am proposing to run another one. The workshop is useful to anyone who is either looking for a job now or in the future. The last group had a mix of people that had been in Adelaide from 1 month to 3 years, so no matter how long you have been here I am sure you will learn something and that could be the thing that gets you the job!

I have been providing advice and guidance in the Jobs & Careers section of Poms in Adelaide for several years.

I have noticed the same struggles and issues people are facing securing work or progressing in the Adelaide job market. This is a chance to gain honest and practical advice in a workshop environment.

I am an Australian qualified and experienced Career Adviser, HR/Recruitment professional and Trainer and Assessor. I am also a member of the Career Development Association of Australia.

I have worked in many roles and industries (see below) in Adelaide and this gives me the experience and knowledge to provide up to date advice and guidance.

Project Recruiter

Recruitment Adviser

Human Resource Officer

Assistant HR Consultant

Office Coordinator

Project Officer

Business Trainer and Assessor

Recruitment Coordinator

Examinations Administrator

Project Administrator

Not for profit

Aviation

Higher Education

Training

Engineering and Construction

Defence

Transport

Local Government

State Government

I am proposing to run a workshop (if there is enough interest) covering:

• Australian resume and CV (what is the difference?) advice and tips.

• Information on the Adelaide job market and a ‘behind the scenes’ guide to recruitment and selection.

• How to give you the competitive edge against hundreds of others applicants applying for the same job.

• What salary are you looking for? How to answer this question and understand what the job will be paying.

• General employment and training advice and guidance.

• Networking opportunities.

GIVE YOURSELF AN ADVANTAGE OVER OTHER JOB SEEKERS AND COME ALONG TO THIS WORKSHOP.

The workshop details are as follows:

Date: Saturday 20 April 2013

Time: 8.45am for a 9.00am start till 12.00-12.30pm depending on how many questions people have!

Cost: PM me for details

Venue: PM me for details

If you would like to secure your place on this workshop or for more information please contact me via private message (PM).

Guest Alan Gibb

Jessica,

Can you send me all the details for the workshop

Many thanks

Al

Edited by snifter
    removed email as per forum rules

Jessica,

Can you send me all the details for the workshop to me [/email]

Many thanks

Al

I have just sent you a PM. Thanks

Edited by snifter

Guest Sisophon

Hi Jessica, When is your next session and what is the venue?

Hi Jessica, When is your next session and what is the venue?

I am still in the process of finalising a date, but at this stage it will probably be in June.