Mawson Lakes?

Guest Renal Nurse

Guest Renal Nurse

Hi

We're hoping to come over in July (in time for the start of the 3rd term).

A local friend highly recommends Mawson Lakes as a good place to live.

He was single when he lived there, so was I wondering if there are anyone with a family could give us their opinion on the area and the zoned schools.

thanks

We considered Mawson Lakes when we moved over as my husband had a job there. The local primary school looked fine but we really weren't keen on the senior school. Hard to say why really, but the Naplan results weren't great and didn't get a good feel for the place. There is however a private school at Mawson Lakes that looks okay.

Mawson Lakes itself is a very new suburb and to me the houses all feel a bit on top of each other. There are lots of green open spaces (and lakes) and it feels nice to walk around, I just wouldn't want to live there, but others would find it ideal. Do you know where you will be working? If you are going to be working on the north side of Adelaide you should also consider some of the north eastern suburbs, some of which are very nice with good schools.

I have to be honest I loved Mawson Lakes, I lived there for 5 years and I would move back there in an instant. Unfortunately I work in Lonsdale (way down south) so there wouldn't be much point.

It is very new and very manicured, but I did love the fact you could park the car on a Friday and not need it again till Monday as everything is on your doorstep, fantastic gyms, sports hall, golf course, cafe's, shops, pub, restaurants, supermarket, dog park, walking / running tracks, beach volley ball, and it's still only 10km - 12km from the city with great public transport.

I drove up there recently and you see so many residents of the area just walking round the lakes, with their dogs, or in a walking group, where as so many other areas you just don't see that, they just seem happier confined in their homes or cars. We take our dogs to the beaches nearly everyday, and as much as people say they are at the beach, most days I barely see 1 or 2 other people

There are very few areas that offer this kind of lifestyle with this much choice.

Best thing though is when you arrive, go there for lunch, get a feel for the place, as well as other areas your thinking about. There are lots of nice areas that all offer something a little different, you just have to find what suits you.

Guest Renal Nurse

Thanks for this. Much to think about. Two different views. Will take up your suggestion and try to get a feel for it before I rule it out. :biggrin: