Caz and Ian

IETLS Tests

Is it just me or is the IETLS Academictest really difficult? Just had my second one today and need a 7 in all areas, its the reading that gets me! Be interested to hear from anyone else X

Hi Caz and Ian

You are correct it was the hardest one out of the three. They do get harder so leave more time for the final one. If you go online there are lots of test you can do. Also a handy hint is to forget everything you know about the text subject just use the info given in the text. I know this may sound obvious but in one of my questions I disagreed with the text but I had to forget that and just use what was in the text.

There is a lot of inference in the text as well as it's testing you understanding of the vocabulary. My final text was on the philosophy and futureology of scientology sound madness but as I said give literal answers and use inference.

(using these hints I passed first time 8.)

Good luck

Kathy

Have you done some mock exams? You need to learn how to answer the questions. After a few practice tests, you'll get a feel for it.

I did about 2 weeks of mocks then passed my first ielts with 9 in all four categories. I put it down to the practice.