A week long reccie - accommodation query

Guest Rubyron

Guest Rubyron

Hi

My husband is going to Adelaide later on this year for a week long reccie to check out jobs, housing, schools and a few suburbs we have in mind to settle in. We don't have a huge budget (hence why he is on his own) but feel its an important trip as we have already ping-ponged around the world for a few years and personally don't want to sell up, drag the kids out of school, away from family if its not the right move.

We lived in NZ for 5 years, then Perth for a few years and then back to England for nearly 4 years. Basically since we arrived back in UK we have wanted to move back to Australia but a few obstacles got in our way (kids, money, family...). Anyway we feel its next year or never.

Would really like some recommendations on cheap accomodation if anyone has any ideas. City would be ideal but the words cheap and city don't often sit well together. He will have a car so he will be able to stay further out.

Thank you

Guest Rubyron

Thanks for your help. Never thought of the house sitting option. Me & the kids would love to go as well but with the potential move in mind, probably best to save the money! My OH thinks its a bit of a waste doing a reccie as we have spent so much time in the past in Australia, but its worthwhile for me, and knowing the financial & emotional cost of moving back and forth I want to get it right, and with 2 under 5, I don't want to move them around too much.

Guest Rubyron

Yeah I know its a short trip but will make sure he has 7 days in Adelaide and then travel days of top of that.

I used to work in Adelaide years ago and we have been back and forth when we lived in NZ and when travelling around, but just want him to look around the suburbs we have researched online, talk to the bank, perhaps have a look around a few schools etc. It has to be the final move as far as I am concerned, as we have lived in quite a few cities and homes over the last 13 years.