serena

Shipping a cat to the UK

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me how to ship a cat from Adelaide back to the UK?

I've looked at the Government website and many posts, all tell me something different.

Argh!!

I feel better now.............

Seriously though, help?

Hi there.

Have a read of this page and links from it for what is required to take your cat into the UK. It is a much more simple process these days. Australia is on the list but make sure you read the info for the Hendra virus cert.

https://www.gov.uk/bringing-food-animals-plants-into-uk

Then perhaps have a look at this thread (and the Pet forum and if need be have a search of the forum for threads on shipping a cat back to the UK)

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CE8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pomsinoz.com%2Fforum%2Fmoving-back-uk%2F146583-cost-shipping-cat-australia-uk.html&ei=NIl7UfK5Dsf0Odr9gdAN&usg=AFQjCNGX5OKWGEWVhSEn4oxBOQ06eIJR5Q&bvm=bv.45645796,d.ZWU

And the main shipper I can think of (but please do your own research for reviews as I can't comment based on personal use of them) are these guys

http://www.jetpets.com.au/

Hi,we used jetpets last year to bring 2 cats and 1 dog back to uk,fantastic service.But be carefull we ended up buying 3 travel crates,when renting was a better option

Thank you snifter! Finally!

I contacted them for a quote, but sadly it doesn't look like we have the time for the jabs etc.. We are leaving real soon.

Thanks anyhow

Serena

Thank you snifter! Finally!

I contacted them for a quote, but sadly it doesn't look like we have the time for the jabs etc.. We are leaving real soon.

Thanks anyhow

Serena

Consider kennels for the time span after you leave till the cat can be shipped till the blood work etc is in order. Seems a shame if you were looking to take her and left too short time span. Not the cat's fault about the time frame.

​I know of a fair few people who have done this sort of thing to ensure they could take their pet with them. A few weeks in a cattery or kennels till the jabs etc are all in place and then fly their pet out.

**CORRECTION - IGNORE THIS POST...!** Emma

PetAir will board some pets before their travels too if they have to wait. If they've not had rabies vaccinations and blood tests then they have to wait 150 days before they can travel following the blood test - would you have any family they could stay with in the mean time and then fly them over once the 150 days is up? PetAir are excellent - we've used them for our dog who's currently in Melbourne quarantine but they went above and beyond to help and are all so full of knowledge of the export process that they will do all they can to help I'm sure. Hope you sort something out

Edited by M&EmCathcart
    Incorrect info!

Guest sweet pea

Hi Just looked into this myself it only takes 3 weeks before the cats travel for them to have their Jabs. I cant remember the name of the company I contacted but I got it from Allied pickford who are tansporting my furniture. The new laws came in awhile ago so you dont need to wait forever. Sadly I could not send my cats because of private reasons, so please dont feel to guilty if this is not possible.

PetAir will board some pets before their travels too if they have to wait. If they've not had rabies vaccinations and blood tests then they have to wait 150 days before they can travel following the blood test - would you have any family they could stay with in the mean time and then fly them over once the 150 days is up? PetAir are excellent - we've used them for our dog who's currently in Melbourne quarantine but they went above and beyond to help and are all so full of knowledge of the export process that they will do all they can to help I'm sure. Hope you sort something out

Its not that long time frame any more. New regulations came in a while back so its far less time to wait.

Its not that long time frame any more. New regulations came in a while back so its far less time to wait.

OOOOOOPS sorry I read that post completely wrong - I read it as UK to Adelaide - silly me I take all that back, no idea about the return journey yet! :embarressed: Thanks for pointing that out Snifter......!

Emma