mcscotty

melbourne road tolls

hi

does anyone know how to pre pay for road tolls. we are driving to Melbourne soon and only just found out you have to pay these and have no idea how to go about this

cheers

mcscotty :)

Hi there,

We moved over here from Melbourne and I never really understood the tolls myself, they're everywhere! We had a gadget stuck on our windscreen that beeped every time we were getting ripped off and then we would get a bill, but there are different ways of getting stung/paying. Have a look on http://www.citylink.com.au/ for starters. My hubby called them in the end and they told us what to get.

I also just remembered that the toll roads are operated by different companies so watch out for that. There's this one too http://www.eastlink.com.au/TOLLS we always managed to avoid this toll road though but the city link one is the road out to the airport.

Good luck!

Em

Edited by erobertson

We have drove to Melbourne around 5 times and managed not to pay a single toll! We went straight down free an over the huge bridge (can't remember name) straight to CBD and have never had to pay a toll.

Dan

Last time we were over in Melbourne, we used a hire car. Any toll fees we incurred (and I don't think there were many at all) were charged against the credit card used for the security bond (?) on the car.

Easy as and didn't amount to much. Though free has to be waaaay better!

​LC

Guest Claire-n-tel
    Last time we were over in Melbourne, we used a hire car. Any toll fees we incurred (and I don't think there were many at all) were charged against the credit card used for the security bond (?) on the car.

Easy as and didn't amount to much. Though free has to be waaaay better!

​LC

told ya that stolen credit card would come in handy LC:biglaugh: