jim and adel

The Budget - what a difference a year makes

Last year, Swan opened the budget announcement with the words 'The four surpluses I announce tonight are a powerful endorsement of the strength of our economy, resilience of our people, and success of our policies.'

That the economy was on the brink of four surpluses seems laughable now (or it would if it wasn't so serious), but there was no sign of laughter when he got up today and presented this latest budget - in fact, he looked like he wished he was anywhere else but standing there.

If what he told us is the rosiest picture that could be painted with all the spin at his disposal and in an election year, then things are worse than I thought. :confused:

Jim

Yes, they were saying on the radio that a budget in an election year is usually full of handouts to effectively bribe people to vote for them, but this year unfortunately Old Mother Hubbard's cupboard is looking a bit bare:sad:

I could not agree with you more Diane.It seems we gotta get the seat belts tightened,may be a bumpy ride in the horizon!