Guest taffs

wow, are we nearly there ?

Guest taffs

wow!!! Hello everybody !! this has been a long time and finally something is happening, we think. We applied for our 475 visa in April 2009 and due to all the changes later that year and in 2010 we just found our dream just slipping away, we got disheartened as time was going on but kept hoping. Then out of the blue in March 2013 a case officer got in touch and requested our Meds and police checks which have now all been done.

Medicals have been finalized since the 29th April, so anyone any ideas how much longer it should take before the visa is granted.

Guest Haythem Hassan

Congrats, get ready for the golden email :)

the meds may take from 1 day up to 8 weeks

you can check with your case officer after 2 weeks if ur medicals were referred or not

My family is in the same boat. We submitted 475 visa application in August 2009, after all the long time we got case officer in 31st Jan 2013. Our medicals were done on 6th March, all graded A, and we've been waiting since then...

How things have changed. Back in 1981, my wife Jen and I applied for emigration to Oz after I was made redundant for the 2nd time. A few months went by, I had found another job with a long drive from home, and Jen was getting impatient for an answer. One day, her impatience got the better of her and she sent a telegram(remember them?) to the Minister of Emigration asking for an update. Surprisingly, he replied saying 'No-one had ever telegramed him before and that he would look into it right away'. We must have been put to the top of the list as a couple of weeks later, all was finalized and our departure date settled. We arrive in Oz about 6 weeks later. So, total time from applying to flying, about 5 months.