SARAHH

Shopping info please

Please could anyone inform me of what an average weekly shop would cost for two adults and six children?

Thank you,

Take care,

Kind regards,

Sarah.

I found the Central Market great for fresh food but its not often practical to shop there often. Hubby used to live a couple of blocks from it so was handy for us on a day to day basis.

I found Coles and Woolies a bit pricey and would try to shop around if I could. Perhaps try an online virtual shop at Coles and see what price you come up with for your shopping list. Remember, it'll probably be a bit of a shock compared to UK prices and in some aspects the ranges and choice also. But shopping locally or in cheaper supermarkets can save some.

On my list there would be heaps of yogurt, pasta, fruit, white meat and fish. And throw in some Marmite, cream cheese, jam and other things. So it might not be comparable to what you or someone else would buy. Worth trying a virtual shop.

I'm sure others will be along with an idea of what they spend or buy once they awaken :)

Guest The Bells

Hi

Nobody can give you that as we are all different. what i did a few months ago was to do a virtual shop at Coles, I just put in a random postcode from a house on realestate.com and did a normal shop. Just remember you do earn more there so try not to compare prices as the cost if living is higher.

Emma

Hi. The virtual shop, already suggested, is a good idea. We spend two, maybe three, times what we spent in the UK. With far less choice. The supermarkets are a lot smaller than what I am used too. If you like to make your own meals from recipes you will be fine. If your used to lots of ready meals. There is less choice and they are very expensive. About double your usual UK shop wouldn't be far away from what you will spend here.

If you just go on the Coles, Woolworths or Foodland websites you can also view PDFs of the latest catalogue a with special offers!

You probably need to factor in the cost of Foxtel as well - you will need something good to watch on TV or you'll end up with 7 kids :wink: