Hi I am new on here and wondering if anyone has any advice/knowledge regarding jobs in teaching? I teach secondary dance and drama and my husband is an assistant head and Senco also in secondary. Anyone know where is best to search for teaching jobs? Also the likelihood of getting a job before moving to Adelaide?

Hi I am new on here and wondering if anyone has any advice/knowledge regarding jobs in teaching? I teach secondary dance and drama and my husband is an assistant head and Senco also in secondary. Anyone know where is best to search for teaching jobs? Also the likelihood of getting a job before moving to Adelaide?

I am a chaplain at a teacher training college and I'm hearing that jobs are getting tougher to find at the moment for teachers although Maths and English seem to be in demand. The other thing that is different here is that many of the schools (the Majority I understand) are Faith schools (mainly Christian) and preference is given to teachers who at least have a good basic understanding of the Christian Faith. The college I work at is a Christian college and is inundated with applications from those with no faith as it is seen to provide access to jobs in schools that otherwise wouldn't accept them. Maybe not fair but it is a reality that you probably need to be aware of.

​NWM