Looking for full time work

Guest dondon75

Guest dondon75

Living in Seaford Rise. I have previous experience in Retail working for Pizza Hut as a waitress, Tesco and Woolworths cashier and general store assistant. Data entry for Qantas Airlines and general office experience in a solicitors office. Word and Excel experience with typing skills. Good communication skills both on the telephone and in person. Friendly bubbly personality with willingness to learn. Work well as part of a team but also able to work unsupervised. Ideally full time position but will consider part time and casual employment. Jane

Edited by Blossom
Removal of phone number as per forum rules

Look, I'm no expert but perhaps give a copy of your resume to the manager of anywhere you fancy working. They might still direct you to their website but you might win them over with your personality; worth a go.

I don't know how current your resume is but I would definitely make sure you have Australian references, if you can. Jessica Berry seems to be running regular courses in resume writing, job apps etc so perhaps contact her?

It's probably no different to the UK but the younger you are, the less they have to pay and the more likely they are to employ you. I know uni students who lose hours over school breaks as the school kids are cheaper to employ.

Using that logic, why not try for work in a servo, bar or bottle-o? You'd need to do the RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol) course for the bottle-o or bar but that's only around $25 to take online.

HTH,

LC