Meet up in the UK - North Lincolnshire & Yorkshire

Guest MandiMR2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest MandiMR2

Hi everyone, I'm heading out to Adelaide 2moro (sat 21st) on a visa validation trip for 3 weeks. If any of you require any info/details picking up from anywhere whilst I'm there please let me kno & I'll try my best to get what I can.

See you at the meet up!!!

Take care x

Guest Rachael M Bowen

We have been watching this Aussie cop show and when some one is picked up for drink driving they say they've had a "long neck" could you find out what this is? :wink:it's really been bugging us lol .

Have a great trip can't wait to hear all about it xx

Guest Rachael M Bowen

oooohhhhh! We were thinking like Mandi that it could be bottle size, crickey think i'm going to have to buy an Aussie translation book, I could get myself in to all sorts of trouble LOL . So basically they are having pints? Oh I hope they sell peroni out there too, I have quite a collection of their glasses :0/

Hi are you still meeting up at Doncaster services on the 13th October? would love to come if thats ok? my husband is out there already getting things ready for the family and is comeing back next week to help finish packing. We will then be leaving for Adelaide on october the 24th.

Guest MandiMR2
Hi are you still meeting up at Doncaster services on the 13th October? would love to come if thats ok? my husband is out there already getting things ready for the family and is comeing back next week to help finish packing. We will then be leaving for Adelaide on october the 24th.

Of course that's ok, everyone is more than welcome, the more the better, will be great to hear you experiences so far. Look forward to meeting you x

Guest MandiMR2
Hi everyone, my partner and I would also love to come along if we can with our daughter Grace. We have our visa and are going over in april next year to validate and for a reccie, would love to meet up and share some tips and hopefully get some advice!![/quote

​Your certainly welcome, see you there x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MandiMR2

Just bumping the thread to remind/inform people of meet up this coming Sunday at Doncaster M180/M18 services at 12 midday, everyone welcome, looking forward to meeting fellow movers x

Guest MandiMR2

Oh poor you, that's about a 3 hour drive isn't it? I'm guessing you know where the services are? Just in case you don't, its Junction 5 off the M18, or the roundabout at the M180 & its a Moto services. See you later x

Guest Rachael M Bowen
Just bumping the thread to remind/inform people of meet up this coming Sunday at Doncaster M180/M18 services at 12 midday, everyone welcome, looking forward to meeting fellow movers x

Thank you Mandi for arranging the meet up today, it was great meeting you and Donna and your other halves and little Grace. Thanks also for all the information you brought back from Adelaide and all the tips and advise you gave it has been truly helpful and thought provoking.xx

Guest MandiMR2

Your welcome & ditto it was great to meet everyone, put faces to names etc. maybe we can do it again in January before we leave? if you need anymore help with AHPRA txt me, hope the documents I gave you assist your application. Good luck with the thinking lol & remember...keep that faith!!! x

Hope you all had an amazing day on Sunday?! So sorry we missed it. We had planned to come, but we got married on Friday & didn't allow for the 2 day hangover! :confused:

We've just had an email this morning requesting medicals & police reports! Eek!

We will DEFINITELY be at the next one if one is planned for January. & hope your validation trip went well Mandi - did you learn anything new/interesting while you were out there? xx

Guest MandiMR2

lol no worries & HUGE congratulations to you both, hope you're feeling better!!!

Exciting about your news, won't be much longer now!!

Sunday was great, lovely to meet everyone & we all seemed to click & natter away for a few hours completely unaware of the time!! I will arrange another in January for sure.

My trip went excellently well, learnt & discovered loads, from the little things like you don't get given the coat hangers when purchasing clothes to having to do your own tax return!! I met some new people, made some useful contacts at various hospitals, got to do lots of research about all sorts of things, toured around numerous suburbs, comparing housing prices, community amenities etc. & took some time to chill out too, which mainly involved enjoying my morning cuppa tea sat in the sunshine & my afternoon/early evening glass of wine also sat in the sunshine!!! lol I intend to post a thread about my trip, sharing all my new found knowledge lol x

• 3 months later...