Guest douglashv

Is Adelaide a good place for Chemical Engineering?

Guest douglashv

Hi all!

I will apply for SA sponsorship next Monday. I would like to know what are the job prospects for a Chemical Engineer in Adelaide. I received a positive assessment from EA a couple of days ago, it took 12 weeks, from 2 May to 27 July.

I have done some research. It seems that Adelaide has a strong manufacturing industry, but the job posted on seek.com, mycarrer.com.au, and others are pretty low to non existing, and this scares me a lot!

Any thoughts?

DH.-

Manufacturing is struggling at the moment. From memory I can't remember seeing any jobs for Chemical Engineers in the jobs paper. They may advertise vacancies in specific publications. Just looking on seek and only 26 vacancies are coming up for Chemical Engineering in Australia wide and none of them are in Adelaide. You may have to get creative with your job search.

I have done some research. It seems that Adelaide has a strong manufacturing industry.....

Not sure where you have been researching, but that's certainly not the impression I get from living here!

Guest rooney74

I'm sure there's another thread on here stating chemical engineering has been removed from the state sponsor lists.

Sorry if I'm mistaken , but it may be worth checking first..

Even in the manufacturing sector people nowadays work part-time and of course casual, unbelievable a couple of months ago!

It is partly becoming like the retail sector here 10 or 20 years ago.

Due to the uncertainty of the automotive industry at the moment the manufacturing industry is light years away from being strong