DougM

Adelaideas it was when I arrived.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZeMHoF6zoI

Apart from the obvious fashions and haircuts it all looks the same! I think progress and development must have passed us by. Someone last week reply to a post about Adelaide being on the cusp of a boom saying that its been there since he arrived had still nothing had boomed - I think this video proves his point.

Must admit I can't stand these type of 'lifestyle' promotional videos, aimed to attract people. Really cringe-worthy! If you need to make a video, then there must be something missing I reckon. Interesting anyway, makes me realise how little Adelaide has changed

Must admit I can't stand these type of 'lifestyle' promotional videos, aimed to attract people. Really cringe-worthy! If you need to make a video, then there must be something missing I reckon. Interesting anyway, makes me realise how little Adelaide has changed

Really not sure how to respond to this so I'll say nowt.

Well these sorts of films were made quite a lot from the 50s upwards to promote to potential migrants what to expect. This one was made in the 80s, predating the internet, when the only other sources of info were books and brightly coloured pamphlets or word of mouth. The world has moved on from the 80s and I'm sure any film made now would be much more slick and clever. A good example of this is the promotional film for the Barossa Valley currently shown on TV. I'm sure there is nothing missing from the Barossa Valley....

http://youtu.be/MoMp-V_CRdc

and then circa 1973 to show off Adelaide's charm....

Edited by Rachiegarlo