jo_marnes

Please help - need thoughts on schools near Mitchell Park/ Marion/ Clovelly Park area

I am entertaining the idea of moving, but this really hinges around the choice of primary school for my youngest kids. My eldest will start Sacred Heart Middle school next year (Mitchell Park - off of Daws Rd). I am very keen to get some feedback and opinions on good/ bad primary schools in the suburbs surrounding the middle school. I don't know anyone whose kids are or have attended schools in these areas so it is very hard to know where to start! Am open to public and private options.

I'd prefer to stay on the more southern side and can't really afford to live in the beach suburbs. Like the idea of the foothills though.

Any advice/ guidance appreciated,

Cheers,

Jo xx

I know friends kids go to Glenelg and live at Seacombe gardens heard that's a good school. I guess you can just go and look round the ones your keen on and decide from there you might get some personal experiences on here but you will go with your gut instinct. I take it you have looked at the naplans as a rough starting point...

Our son goes to a primary not far from Marion, tho the other side of it so to speak. We live in Glenelg currently but opted not to send son to Glenelg primary and instead opted for a smaller primary a bit further afield.

Son loves it, settled in really well. Drop me a PM if you want to know more :)