Daviesfamily adelaide

Childcare and schools in hallet cove

We are looking to move to Hallett Cove in July 2014 from the UK. We have a 6 year old and a 2 year old, for our 6 year old we are unsure between r-12 or hallett cove primary south or ones in seacliff. There doesn't seem to be many preschools, nurseries or kindergartens for our 2 year old can anyone help or recommend. Ideally we wanted to send them both to the same school like how we can in the UK.

Guest Carlislecaz

Yeah I don't think you will get a place for your 2 and 6 year old here ,they have child are centres for 0-4...

my friend works at hallet cove child are centre and my daughter went there, I can recommend that for your young one..

I guess with schools it depends what size of school you want, the r-12 is big but at least the kids will be there and won't need to change schools whereas hallet cove south or seacliff they will..

good luck

You will need to consider where you live..

My kids go to Seacliff primary & its a great school..

Lots of schools are Zoned so you may need to look at living in the zone of the school you want your kids to attend.

I sent my daughter to the 'goodstart' childcare centre while I was working.

There is also 'occasional care' to look at, costs approx. $5 per session and I think they get about 2 1/2 hours, morning or afternoon, not sure how many times a week, may be only once. Theres one at 'woodend primary/kindy' and 'Dover Gardens' & I don't think there are many around.

Kindy will start in the first term of the year if your child turns 4 between 1st May to April 30th. ( sorry that sounded clearer in my head!)

Guest lilgal89

We have been looking at Nannas childcare and Hallet Cove Childrens Community Centre for our little girl - they offer the long hours also.