GSM 887 Update 2014 applicants from Pakistan

Guest alam

Guest alam

Hi All

i applied for GSM 887 visa on 25 feb 2014, it seems to me that DIAC is taking a lot of time for Pakistani Candidates, can someone comment on it

Second is there any applicant who applied like i did on gsm.validity@immi.gov.au, did you heard back from them

Will they process applicants on the priority already defined or is there any different priority for applicants applying on email.

Kindly comment

thanks

ALAM

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alam
High risk candidates always take longer (well normally) due to needing more tests in the home countries. These can take a long time to come back.

thanks blossom

• 3 months later...

hi alam

i applied through gsm.validity@immi.gov.au,in april 14, they deduct money from my bank, sent me receipts and acknowledgement then team 13 asked for form 80 in june 14..

i think we pakistanis have to wait for 2 years or more, because they are doing some kind of security check for 887 applicants from pakistan/bangladesh/iran..

people from pakistan/bangladesh/iran are getting 189/190 in no time but not 887, i dont know whats wrong with 887. :(

hi alam

i applied through gsm.validity@immi.gov.au,in april 14, they deduct money from my bank, sent me receipts and acknowledgement then team 13 asked for form 80 in june 14..

i think we pakistanis have to wait for 2 years or more, because they are doing some kind of security check for 887 applicants from pakistan/bangladesh/iran..

people from pakistan/bangladesh/iran are getting 189/190 in no time but not 887, i dont know whats wrong with 887. :(

Hi Khan2942014,

I do not know which visa is the 887 but i had applied for my 190 end of July this year. My lawyer said it can take upto maximum of 6 months. Still waiting with fingers crossed.

Regards,

Danish

Guest Claire-n-tel
Hi Khan2942014,

I do not know which visa is the 887 but i had applied for my 190 end of July this year. My lawyer said it can take upto maximum of 6 months. Still waiting with fingers crossed.

Regards,

Danish

Hi Danish!

just be aware that that will be based on averages and not a guaranteed maximum time, no lawyer can tell you that for sure

good luck Claire

Hi Clair. Im sure you're right. I quess i am thinking too optimistically....would you know if this delay is being applied to Pakistani applicant applying from Pakistan only? I am from Pakistan but i have applied for visa from Saudi Arabia since i have been living here for quite some time now. Appreciated your help.....

Regards

Danish

thanks blossom

Thanks khan2942014,

I send email to minister of immigration but he did not replied, as far i see we full filled all the conditions so if there is no security issue on 189/190 then 887 should also be clear but may be it is all about money cozy we paid 370 AUD and 189/190 is almost 3.5 grands, so may be its more like profit and loss issue then Security

but in any case i thibk DIBP must consider the priority.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest lookman
High risk candidates always take longer (well normally) due to needing more tests in the home countries. These can take a long time to come back.

Looking at this post, it seems things have'nt changed much? But my question is why do not they check these kind of things when 475 is applied, now when one spends 2 years here and provides AFP, which should clear them legally, so why there is a need to go back to homeland and check security things there.

Its kind of wierd and heartbreaking when you see ppl, left and right of you, getting visas in mere 7 days and you are waiting for ages. :(

Hey Guys,

I intend to put up a spreadhseet for Pakistani applicants, converting from 475 to 887 Visas. On 475 grants, immigration must have done security checks as they advised back then. Please update the spreadsheet so we know how things are moving. To my knowledge it is only the amount of money paid in fees to DIAC. Since 887 has the least fees and we are last in the queue. 190,189s from pakistan are taking 6 months including security checks. Being a capitalist society, we are injecting less money into the economy than 190,189 in one go.

Regards,

Guest lookman
Hey Guys,

I intend to put up a spreadhseet for Pakistani applicants, converting from 475 to 887 Visas. On 475 grants, immigration must have done security checks as they advised back then. Please update the spreadsheet so we know how things are moving. To my knowledge it is only the amount of money paid in fees to DIAC. Since 887 has the least fees and we are last in the queue. 190,189s from pakistan are taking 6 months including security checks. Being a capitalist society, we are injecting less money into the economy than 190,189 in one go.

Regards,

I agree that as applicant of 887 we are paying far lesser fee compared to 190 and others, but ppl from other countries are getting their 887 in no time. So its not about money..i guess.

Any Pakistani, Who got 887 in 2014, can you please share your timeline?

I applied 887 in April 2014 and was contacted by team 13 in June 2014 and got case officer in september 2014. ..

still waiting for visa. ..I am from Pakistan. ..

The bad news is that I personally know people from Pakistan and Bangladesh and Iran who are waiting for 887 since July 2013. .

No body knows why they are not granting 887 to Pakistan and Bangladesh and Iran. .

What ever may be the reason. .but one thing is for sure and that is the wait is too too long and frustrating. .

Guest lookman
I applied 887 in April 2014 and was contacted by team 13 in June 2014 and got case officer in september 2014. ..

still waiting for visa. ..I am from Pakistan. ..

The bad news is that I personally know people from Pakistan and Bangladesh and Iran who are waiting for 887 since July 2013. .

No body knows why they are not granting 887 to Pakistan and Bangladesh and Iran. .

What ever may be the reason. .but one thing is for sure and that is the wait is too too long and frustrating. .

Yes, I understand that, but the question is, "Is there anyone from Pakistan(475 to 887), who applied in 2014 and got the VISA by any miracle?"

Do you know anybody?