Sale of cigarettes to minors

Blossom

Hi there,

does anyone know who I report sale of cigarettes to a minor to? A page is coming up for SA but when I click it the page won't load.

I've left my 14 year old step daughter mortified as I went in and told a servo guy off for selling her cigarettes. I'd just like to report them too as she's 4 years off being old enough and he didn't even ask for id! Grrrrr.

Guest Claire-n-tel

I think their site is down Blossom its giving a critical error message, i guess try tomorrow or call them up?

Unfortunatly if they want to smoke they will find some way of getting hold of them :mad:

Guest Claire-n-tel

What servo was it? You could call up and report it to their head office.......they will have it all on security so i'm guessing they would be keen on helping you as the fines for them can be huge

What servo was it? You could call up and report it to their head office.......they will have it all on security so i'm guessing they would be keen on helping you as the fines for them can be huge

It was one on the corner of Marian and cross road. I told the guy I would be making a complaint.

Guest Claire-n-tel

They are owned by the Peregrine Corporation (huge) i would get in touch with their head office and kick up a stink!

Been there; done that!

I have reported places to the helpline sooo many times, but in all honesty, I can't say I feel like it did any good.

Unfortunately, Claire is right, you can dob in as many as you like, but there always seems to be somewhere else they can go.

When my daughter worked in a Caltex servo, there was a camera on them at all times, so the proof that your daughter was not asked for ID should be on film. I would report the incident directly to the servo (head office) , inform the authorities - and inform the servo that is what you are going to do as that might further motivate them to take action.

If it makes you feel any better, my kid smoked when under-age, but has since given up so there's hope!

:wubclub: LC

Guest Claire-n-tel
Their head office was very helpful. Said they take it very seriously etc and will check video and deal with.

Did you ask them to update you Blossom?