Jump to content

Selling my House in Australia

Guest waltzingmatilda

Recommended Posts

Guest waltzingmatilda

Hi there, not sure if this is in the right place but I am moving back to UK with the kids and OH is staying on to sell the house. Does he need some kind of 'power of attorney' or an Australian equivalent so that we don't have to send the papers backwards and forwards to the UK? If so, do I just get it from a solicitor? Thanks in advance :smile:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think this depends on whether it is owned jointly or in common. Why don't you approach the conveyancer or solicitor that you intend to use and they would be able to advise you.

You wouldn't want to make an error with such an important thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use