Guest sallyandpaul

Moving to Mount Gambier

Guest sallyandpaul

Hi im moving to Mount Gambier with my husband and daughter (aged 3) in a couple of weeks due to starting a new job and was wondering if anyone is living there who can introduce us to what mount gambier has to offer cheers

Guest Guest12727

Have only visited, I know they have an award winning library.

We have heaps of family live there happily. I really enjoyed the few days we spent down there. We plan to visit every 6 months or so to catch up.

Socially lots of them do some kind of sport and are members of teams or clubs. Also some are having babies or not long had them and are going to baby groups. I'm sure toddler ones also run.

The play park and lake in the volcano is lovely. Our son didn't want to leave he was having such a good time there.

When I see the family I'll ask them for a few suggestions. Some of them are over here this weekend.

Guest sallyandpaul

Thanks any help or linking up would be great cheers

I have been on holiday and really liked it. They have the best steak restaurant in SA as well. It's about 20 mins from the city. It's called the barn steak house.

I have have also been there for the weekend twice for local football and have always found the people to be very friendly, and I enjoyed being there.

One thing I did notice was there are areas which have banned alcohol from being consumed, if I was moving to an area I wouldn't live in or near one of this streets/suburbs.

Guest sallyandpaul

Thanks ill check out the steak house! ! Interesting about the area with banned alcohol ill keep an eye out. Cheers