Munno para area opinions please!!

Reena1991

Hi,

we have just been received our visas through(190) so we are now researching suburbs. I don't think we will fully decide until we've arrived but would be great to get any opinion on munno para west area. It seems very reasonably priced and although fairly near to Elizabeth, it does have decent reviews on the homely rate your neighbourhood website. Does anyone live or know about munno parra west? Are there any decent schools? It seems to be quite a new development and therefore not established, is this why the rent seems cheaper?

Any ideas would be really appreciated!

reena

This is straight from an Aussie mate who lives in Paralowie and knows the north well:

"not a bad place, being redeveloped pretty heavily at the moment lots of new housing estates going up plus the housing trust has sold off a lot of houses and land so its improving. Big shopping centre out there so plenty of services, well serviced by train and bus, well as good as it gets for Adelaide. Close to gawler and the Barossa. Only problem is that it still has a large house trust population so could run into some undesirables the surrounding suburbs are a bit like christies and hackam out your way."

Sounds like it's on the up to me, but I've never been that way. Good luck with the plans!

The area is flat, former agricultural land. As the Adelaide Metropolitan area can only grow north and south this is the latest housing development to spring up at the north end. In reality it is the north end of the north end. The distance from the Adelaide CBD may come as a surprise, it's actually about 22 miles. And that is 22 miles through suburbs, not through countryside.

The area itself is on the up as stated before, yes it's well serviced and has plenty of shopping, but for now that's about all. I drive up there now and again to use the North Lakes golf course and it does feel a bit 'out of the way'. It is reasonably priced for a reason.