Looking to meet new people

Guest MissAli

Hi all,

I joined this forum on the recommendation of a friend of mine.

I have been out here since March 09, and loved it - I settled in really quickly, made friends, met an Aussie partner etc and was happy. I felt I had really made a life for myself in a beautiful city.

The last couple of years things have not been great, due to lots of illness and death in my partner's family, which in turn has ruined our relationship to the point I am now looking for somewhere to live. I also feel that my Aussie friends have bailed as if they were only there for the fun times, not when the chips are down, which I know my friends and family back at home would not have done.

Long story short, I want to get out there and start living again, and meet some new people and enjoy the good things the city has to offer.

If anyone out there wants to chat, or catch up, please let me know.

Thank you for reading, Ali :)

Guest Sarah1986

Hi Ali :)

My name is Sarah, I'm 28 and have been here for 3 years.

You have a really heart breaking story, I'm sorry you have gone through that, my partner lost his mum 3 weeks after we started dating so I understand how hard that must have been on you.

which suburb do you live in? I live in the northern suburbs, Paralowie

Would you like to catch up for coffee :)

Hey guys,

Thanks for the responses. I live down south, in Flagstaff Hill, but work up in the Adelaide hills, and I am 33. Where is everyone else living? Would definitely be keen to organise a meet up :)

[hiya, I am moving out in jan 21th staying at a friend house in hallet cove!so I will be looking forward to meeting new people, my wife and girls are not coming out till July!!! Fancy a chat,and a drink. Cheers DaveDave

I joined this forum on the recommendation of a friend of mine.

I have been out here since March 09, and loved it - I settled in really quickly, made friends, met an Aussie partner etc and was happy. I felt I had really made a life for myself in a beautiful city.

The last couple of years things have not been great, due to lots of illness and death in my partner's family, which in turn has ruined our relationship to the point I am now looking for somewhere to live. I also feel that my Aussie friends have bailed as if they were only there for the fun times, not when the chips are down, which I know my friends and family back at home would not have done.

Long story short, I want to get out there and start living again, and meet some new people and enjoy the good things the city has to offer.

If anyone out there wants to chat, or catch up, please let me know.

Thank you for reading, Ali :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...