What do I do now?????

samandcraig

Sam, what shipping company did you use? We were thinking of using a move cube but think we may have too much!

Thanks

Karen x

PSS Karen, they were very helpful and the guy that came and gave us a quote was brill, obviously I cant say much else as they aren't coming until mid February to take everything, but they were recommended to us by someone else x

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that's it :) it also depends on if you do depend on your friends a lot! To be honest my husband is my best friend and I probably spend most of my time with him and with my kids, I do have a couple of close friends but I am quite happy to be alone, I enjoy my own company too. How old are your children? Where are you moving from? X

Weve got 2 girls, age 8&6. We live near Milton Keynes. Still got a long way to go, my husband is going to do his qualifications and got his ielts booked in a couple of weeks. So it will be a good year at least until we get visas! How old are your kids? Where are you moving to?

Hi samandcraig,

You're really organised. We're hoping to be out by the middle of January and we haven't really started yet.

We're still trying to sell our house. We had a really positive viewing on Thursday and hope to hear by tomorrow if they are

interested. If not, we'll be looking to rent the house out. It'll be all systems go then.

I'm sure the time will pass quickly for you. Just enjoy your time left in the UK. I'm dreading the goodbyes already.

Hi samandcraig,

You're really organised. We're hoping to be out by the middle of January and we haven't really started yet.

We're still trying to sell our house. We had a really positive viewing on Thursday and hope to hear by tomorrow if they are

interested. If not, we'll be looking to rent the house out. It'll be all systems go then.

I'm sure the time will pass quickly for you. Just enjoy your time left in the UK. I'm dreading the goodbyes already.[/QUOH

Hi, it's funny because I don't feel organised at all!! Goodluck with your house sale, I hope you have good news. Whereabouts are you planning on settling? Do you have any job lined up? Yeah must admit I'm not looking forward to the goodbyes either, but so looking forward to heading out to Oz on a one way flight :)

Hi samandcraig,

I'm sure the time will pass quickly for you. Just enjoy your time left in the UK. I'm dreading the goodbyes already.

Im glad you seem as unorganised as us, I posted on sam's thread earlier and said the same thing!! Our house has had an offer but don't really feel like we can do anything that requires definite dates, like book flights etc until we exchange but I must say I have now been motivated to at least start researching moving companies but my 1 and 2 year old sure do make it difficult to get a few minutes to yourself to do anything constructive! :smile:

Weve got 2 girls, age 8&6. We live near Milton Keynes. Still got a long way to go, my husband is going to do his qualifications and got his ielts booked in a couple of weeks. So it will be a good year at least until we get visas! How old are your kids? Where are you moving to?

Oh it will soon fly in, what type of visa are you going for? I have an 11 year old and a 5 year old, we are looking at the southern suburbs but haven't made up our minds yet and don't think we will until we get there......how are our kids feeling about the move??? Xx

Visa depends on how hubby does with the ielts but hoping for the 189. What about you?

We haven't said too much to the girls in case it doesn't happen, but when we did say to them, our youngest was really keen, but eldest wasn't keen at all, she would miss her friends! Hard isn't it but I think they are young enough to be ok. What do yours think?

We have a 4year 489, my husband struggled with the ielts to be honest, he's amazing with maths but struggles with the English exams! My children are both happy, my youngest sad she is a little bit sad but a lot happy!! Ha, she will miss her pals, my son is happy to go, which I didn't think he would be as he is very shy, but he seems to be looking forward to the move, but we will see how things work out. Now we are just trying to figure out bank accounts and health care things to sort when we arrive, also looking at the work out there, so much to do, will hopefully be worth it, my brother is out in darwin and loves it, so we get loads of motivation from him and his family. Good luck for the ielts test x

[quote name=samandcraig

Hi' date=' it's funny because I don't feel organised at all!! Goodluck with your house sale, I hope you have good news. Whereabouts are you planning on settling? Do you have any job lined up? Yeah must admit I'm not looking forward to the goodbyes either, but so looking forward to heading out to Oz on a one way flight :)[/quote]

Thanks. We really don't know where we are going to end up, possibly South but we'll see when we get there. Where are you's thinking about? Niall spoke to a few potential employers when we were on our recce so he will contact them when we get there. What about yourselves?

It's all really exciting but we have moments of sheer panic as well. Suppose it's just all part of the process.

Im glad you seem as unorganised as us, I posted on sam's thread earlier and said the same thing!! Our house has had an offer but don't really feel like we can do anything that requires definite dates, like book flights etc until we exchange but I must say I have now been motivated to at least start researching moving companies but my 1 and 2 year old sure do make it difficult to get a few minutes to yourself to do anything constructive! :smile:

Hi Reena,

I know exactly how you feel. You can't take your eye off my 2 yr old for a minute, she's a real wee whirlwind lol. You will get there eventually. We always tend to do things last minute anyway so not too worried at this stage.

My husband has a few people to contact when we get there, my brother has given us a few contacts too, So fingers crossed. We are also spare of the moment people, and I do believe if it's meant to be it will be! Yeah me too, suddenly I will think oh no what are we doing!! But soon think yeah this is what we are doing and why :)

We have a 4year 489, my husband struggled with the ielts to be honest, he's amazing with maths but struggles with the English exams! My children are both happy, my youngest sad she is a little bit sad but a lot happy!! Ha, she will miss her pals, my son is happy to go, which I didn't think he would be as he is very shy, but he seems to be looking forward to the move, but we will see how things work out. Now we are just trying to figure out bank accounts and health care things to sort when we arrive, also looking at the work out there, so much to do, will hopefully be worth it, my brother is out in darwin and loves it, so we get loads of motivation from him and his family. Good luck for the ielts test x

You could have wrote that about Niall lol. After four attempts at the ielts he gave up.

Are you intending to work when you get there Sam? I'm not sure what I'll be doing yet.

I'm looking to get the kids settled first and then take it from there.

Craig just kept saying its a money making con!!! He even sat it in different test centres! But hey ho what can you do....ha ha. I've worked all my life so probably will feel the urge to get to work but like you I will be settling the kids at school and sorting things out so hopefully Craig can get straight to work......xx

Those Ielts are a laugh. My OH had to write about Fashion in the world.....I couldn't stop laughing as he knows nothing about fashion..if it ain't practical, he doesn't wear it...

It's all worth it in the end. Although, currently I am sitting in front of my laptop, searching for estate agents, properties, and having mild panic attacks that we wont have somewhere to live come 4th Dec!

Have the lend of a car until Friday afternoon, so off to search some areas, find a house, buy a car and get a job.....:biglaugh:

Still can't believe we are here. The sunset this evening was beautiful. The air was clear and warm. I wasn't weezing, so am happy.

My boys are driving us mad as they have birthdays and Christmas coming up...the norm for this time of year, no matter where we are.

Keep going forward, you'll get there, even if it takes a while. Stay positive:biggrin:x

Those Ielts are a laugh. My OH had to write about Fashion in the world.....I couldn't stop laughing as he knows nothing about fashion..if it ain't practical, he doesn't wear it...

It's all worth it in the end. Although, currently I am sitting in front of my laptop, searching for estate agents, properties, and having mild panic attacks that we wont have somewhere to live come 4th Dec!

Have the lend of a car until Friday afternoon, so off to search some areas, find a house, buy a car and get a job.....:biglaugh:

Still can't believe we are here. The sunset this evening was beautiful. The air was clear and warm. I wasn't weezing, so am happy.

My boys are driving us mad as they have birthdays and Christmas coming up...the norm for this time of year, no matter where we are.

Keep going forward, you'll get there, even if it takes a while. Stay positive:biggrin:x

it does seem that the ielts are a rip off!! Oh I hope you get something soon, let us know how you get on with your search, where a outs are you staying short term? How did you find your flight? Are your boys looking forward to school?? Oh it's all so real for you now. Bet the weather is lovely........do you have asthma? Thankyou for the positivity it's really nice to hear that at the min xx

Sorry about all the questions!!!! Xx

Hey, don't worry, it's how we help each other:-)

The flight was fine tbh, I watched as many movies as I could squeeze in and stuffed my face in the process..:biggrin:My boys didn't sleep the first leg of the journey, too excited. They did the second leg, though. We stopped off in Singapore for a couple of days, to have a break from the frenzy. It was fab!

My boys are being wee rascals and bouncing off each other. Excited at being here, pending birthdays and Christmas but really need to be in school to give them some stability, friends and focus. I am hoping we will find somewhere quickly so that will happen. We have loads to do, so it's a little boring for them.

It's all early days, so keeping up and staying focused is the main thing.

I have seasonal Asthma, so they say. Had a terrible time of it in the Uk as the weather was damp and cold. So far so good, with all this warm weather here.:wink:. x

Hey, don't worry, it's how we help each other:-)

The flight was fine tbh, I watched as many movies as I could squeeze in and stuffed my face in the process..:biggrin:My boys didn't sleep the first leg of the journey, too excited. They did the second leg, though. We stopped off in Singapore for a couple of days, to have a break from the frenzy. It was fab!

My boys are being wee rascals and bouncing off each other. Excited at being here, pending birthdays and Christmas but really need to be in school to give them some stability, friends and focus. I am hoping we will find somewhere quickly so that will happen. We have loads to do, so it's a little boring for them.

It's all early days, so keeping up and staying focused is the main thing.

I have seasonal Asthma, so they say. Had a terrible time of it in the Uk as the weather was damp and cold. So far so good, with all this warm weather here.:wink:. x

How old are your children? Yeah they will calm down when things settle for you eh. Oh how was Singapore? We are staying at my brothers in darwin for a week, so the kids are looking forward to seeing their cousins. Have you decided on what type of healthcare you will take out? That's one of the things that confuses me most!

I ask as I also have asthma, hoping the weather will ease it.......are you on Facebook?

Hay... I remember that wait before coming out... felt like I was treading water until the day of leaving. Where have you got you short term rental. That will probably determine where you end up. I live in Hope Valley. .. perfect location.. close to the city but not too close, still nice and quiet.

Don't worry you will be here before you know it.

Hay... I remember that wait before coming out... felt like I was treading water until the day of leaving. Where have you got you short term rental. That will probably determine where you end up. I live in Hope Valley. .. perfect location.. close to the city but not too close, still nice and quiet.

Don't worry you will be here before you know it.

Hi, we are initially staying in port noarlunga,,how long ago did you arrive?

Hi...

I have been in Australia for almost 6 years but in adelaide for 4. Port noarlunga is the other side of the city to me. Nice beaches but not an area I know much sbout. Where will you be working when you arrive?

Adelaide really is a nice place to bring up a family. It is like a big country town. If I can give you any help with anything you need to know send me a private message and I will help you as much as I can. Where will you be coming from? I was in York before making the move.

To start with I won't be working, my husband is a joiner so he will probably travel to site from wherever we decide to settle. We do love the beach side location as we live Next to the shore now, I'm from workington in Cumbria and that's where we live now, my husband is originally from Preston, but has lived up here for 10 years. Thankyou so much, I am loving your positive comments, there seems to be more negative comments at the min and it does make you really think about things, so it's nice to see a different point of view.......do you have any children ? X

Hi, we moved over in May and are really glad we had the winter months to settle in. In that time we were able to sort our boys in school and for us to sort work out, without really the holiday feeling. Now the weather is getting better it's great and we are feeling settled and enjoying life. There is still the pull and guilt from family in the UK, but seeing my boys happy makes up for it. For us its still early days here, but we are staying positive and just sometimes a walk along the beach at the end of the road makes even a bad day better! We are in Moana, near Port Noarlunga and really do love the area. Definitely stay positive, I know only too well it can get hard before you make the final move but for us it has definitely been worth it.

Hi, we moved over in May and are really glad we had the winter months to settle in. In that time we were able to sort our boys in school and for us to sort work out, without really the holiday feeling. Now the weather is getting better it's great and we are feeling settled and enjoying life. There is still the pull and guilt from family in the UK, but seeing my boys happy makes up for it. For us its still early days here, but we are staying positive and just sometimes a walk along the beach at the end of the road makes even a bad day better! We are in Moana, near Port Noarlunga and really do love the area. Definitely stay positive, I know only too well it can get hard before you make the final move but for us it has definitely been worth it.

We are moving in March s like you it will be heading towards the autumn/winter, we didn't this to help us settle into the weather, and thought its a better time to move as it won't initially be too hot for us, which school do your children go to? How did you choose an area to settle? So much to consider, and so many choices to make! X

• 2 weeks later...