House/appartment from 17 January

Lelyk

Hi, sorry for non-unique question.

We are from Ukraine. We’ve received permanent visas, and we are arriving in Adelaide on January 17.

We are looking for a place to stay at for a month or two, before we choose a permanent place. We are a married couple and have a six-year- old daughter.

Any advice how to find? Maybe you have anything?

Hello and welcome.

The date you are arriving is still within the school summer holidays and so many places will have been booked out months ago.

Places with vacancies will most likely be charging peak rates.

You can investigate options from short term furnished rentals/holiday lets (we have an Accommodation Available forum where some are listed but may well be booked out) to campsites where you can pitch a tent for a couple of weeks (or longer if need be) or perhaps a site that has small cabins. Also things like housesitting are possible. There is a decent housesitting website you can find if you google that and Adelaide. Also sites like Air BnB might throw up something. There are also lots of holiday apartments in and around Glenelg that may have a vacancy but expect to pay peak holiday rates unless you can negotiate discount for a longer stay. Google the search term and research out from that.

You may also want to consider delaying your arrival by a few weeks and waiting till school holidays are over and finding somewhere suitable in the meantime and booking it.

• 2 months later...

Dear Snifter,

Thank you a lot. I used your advices and find first accomodation through Air BnB. Moreover I found a house where I concluded 6 month housesitting agreement with 0 fees (ok, I did some repair here).

There are a lot of good people here in Adelaide.

Thank you for making the effort to post back with an update. I always think it is a shame that people are very active in the initial stages of coming over when wanting help and advice, but often once they have arrived we don't hear from them again. It is nice to hear how the forum/members were able to assist. I wish you luck in your new life in Adelaide.