Conandviv

Help please! Shipping costs?

Can anyone give me an idea of shipping costs to move our household stuff from north west UK to Adelaide (cost of a container), and/or recommend any companies you have used?

Thanks for any advice, much appreciated!

:-)

Edited by Conandviv

Will vary. There are the main 8 or so shippers, companies like White & Co, Pickfords, Doree Bonner, Anglo Pacific, Crown and a few others. I'd compile a list of them, get 3 or 4 in for quotes and see how they stack up. Then go with whoever you feel is best. Review wise, on our sister site PIO I've read mostly good for all of them, a few negatives here and there like in anything I think. Ensure you read reviews for any other company you are considering as there are some real cowboys out there.

Usually a sole use 20ft container will fit the contents of an average 3 bed house. Of course you'll need to declutter and stuff before shipping. And see if you want to ship everything or buy once here.

Cost wise last I recall reading was around £4000 but that could have changed in the time we've been here. See what the quotes come in at.

Also consider not using the shipping companies insurance but taking out an impartial insurance from either Letton Percival or Insure Your Move. Both are good and should not drag their heels in event of you making a claim.

Will vary. There are the main 8 or so shippers, companies like White & Co, Pickfords, Doree Bonner, Anglo Pacific, Crown and a few others. I'd compile a list of them, get 3 or 4 in for quotes and see how they stack up. Then go with whoever you feel is best. Review wise, on our sister site PIO I've read mostly good for all of them, a few negatives here and there like in anything I think. Ensure you read reviews for any other company you are considering as there are some real cowboys out there.

Usually a sole use 20ft container will fit the contents of an average 3 bed house. Of course you'll need to declutter and stuff before shipping. And see if you want to ship everything or buy once here.

Cost wise last I recall reading was around £4000 but that could have changed in the time we've been here. See what the quotes come in at.

Also consider not using the shipping companies insurance but taking out an impartial insurance from either Letton Percival or Insure Your Move. Both are good and should not drag their heels in event of you making a claim.

That's brilliant advice, thanks so much! :-)

Hi, yes we've just priced a 20" sole use contained and it was just under £4000. Good luck.

Thanks for the info, it's great to have a 'ball-park' figure in mind! :-)

Remember if you have a favourite one in mind, once you have all your quotes in (we got three), you could ask your favourite one to match the cheapest quote - they did for us and we saved another £350! Every penny counts!

Remember if you have a favourite one in mind, once you have all your quotes in (we got three), you could ask your favourite one to match the cheapest quote - they did for us and we saved another £350! Every penny counts!

Great advice, thanks! :-)

Just be aware that you may be in for a long wait for your stuff if you don't need a full container. We used a company in NW uk who collected our stuff end Oct. We've been in Adelaide 3 months and won't be receiving our stuff until March!!

Just be aware that you may be in for a long wait for your stuff if you don't need a full container. We used a company in NW uk who collected our stuff end Oct. We've been in Adelaide 3 months and won't be receiving our stuff until March!!

Thanks for the tip, I hadn't thought about that! Hope you get your stuff soon and enjoy Adelaide!! :-)