Just wanted to moan about my Local Butcher

candt

How odd.

I'm not sure which butcher you've been using but when we lived in Lockleys I used the butcher on Henley Beach Road (3 Little Pigs, I think it was called) past the junction of Tapley's Hill Road, heading towards the city. They were really good, the meat was great and the prices weren't too bad (not like where I got my Christmas meat from this year - the total made me cry).

Guest Claire-n-tel
Hi

I just wanted to vent a little bit about my local butcher. I won't be going back to him and this is why..........

He's a Ozzy guy in his late fifties and for some reason I get the feeling he doesn't like me.

But hey! I'm there to buy sausages not make friends.

Anyway I've been in a few times and his customer service skills towards me on a scale of 1-10 are 0 but he did sell nice pork sausages.

However..the last time I went in, he was really friendly and I though- yes I cracked it, he recognises me now, I'm a regular.

I'd made a special trip for our breakfast sausages. I told him what I wanted & he went into the back room to get them, bagged them up out of sight. I paid approx. $8 for 10 sausages. He smiled and said goodbye and went on my merry way.

My hubby was waiting in the car and I told him how polite the butcher had been this time.

When I got home I opened up the bag of sausages and they were almost white! I'm no butcher but I knew before I cooked them, they weren't fit for human consumption.

My hubby said cook them anyway", they might be ok" so I did. As they heated the skin shrivelled up to about 1/2 an inch and the contents ran out either side YUK!!!

I wanted to go back and complain but my hubby said don't do it just don't go back there. This was two weeks ago and I'm still annoyed!

This is just a light hearted moan. I know there are more serious things to worry about in the world. Just wanted to vent a bit

Seems a bit mean to not give him a chance to put things right......he may keep them already bagged in the fridge out the back and didn't know they were off......

However, if he was being sneaky and getting rid of dodgy snags you just played right into his hands by paying for them and not bothering to return them. It's worth him selling off the bad ones if people are willing to pay him for them.....

Totally agree but Hubby said not to, so against my better judgement I agreed. Please don't think I'm mean, im really not. To be direct, he sold them to me that way on purpose. It's a butchers shop not pre packed from a supplier. His change in attitude towards me confirmed to me he knew exactly what he was doing.

Believe me I wanted to go back and shame him but my hubby asked me it too. lol that's why I'm moaning on here instead of speaking to the butcher.

Guest Claire-n-tel
Totally agree but Hubby said not to, so against my better judgement I agreed. Please don't think I'm mean, im really not. To be direct, he sold them to me that way on purpose. It's a butchers shop not pre packed from a supplier. His change in attitude towards me confirmed to me he knew exactly what he was doing.

Believe me I wanted to go back and shame him but my hubby asked me it too. lol that's why I'm moaning on here instead of speaking to the butcher.

I don't think you are mean!.....I'm sure you are lovely :jiggy:I just think putting it on a forum was mean.....

To say he did it on purpose and knew exactly what he was doing when you have clearly identified who the butcher is could land you in hot water. If the said butcher sees or is informed about it he could sue you for libel.

Guest Claire-n-tel
Really!? Sue me for giving a reviewing my experience?

I think by stating that you know that "he sold them that way on purpose." and that "he knew exactly what he was doing." Makes it an accusation rather than a review.