Visa Help!!

poppy5

Hi wondered if anyone could give me some advice, my brother and his family are currently living in Adelaide and have been there for just over a year, my husband and I and our 9yr old would like to follow them out there.

Trouble is I am 45 and he is nearly 46, Im a qualified massage therapist but with only 4yrs experience, my husband is an agricultural contractor running his own business, do we have any hope at all, as ive been told although the age limit has been raised to 50 that once you are 45 you get zero points for age, neither of us have a degree although we do have other qualifications, any advice would be much appreciated.

Edited by poppy5

Best idea would be to go to the immigration website and do the points test to see if you would have enough points. Since you get no points for age then you would have to do the IELTS to get 20 points if you could manage to get superior English (min level 8 in all 4 sections,) but since your brother has only been there a year then he will not be able to sponsor you as far as I am aware. But check out the points calculator first then might be worth you contacting a migration expert and getting there opinion.

Sorry can't help you more.

Cheers

Hi , Many thanks for your help, I am going to contact a migration company tommorow, i have done a free assesment and didnt have enough points so will need to look at what other options or routes I can go down. I will also ask them about sponsorship as I think they have to be citizens but will see what they say.

Thanks for the information, much appreciated, wish me luck, I think im going to need it!!

Your family can't sponsor you. They don't need to be citizens, but they must have been living in Oz with PR for at least two years, and one of you still needs a job on the sol or csol. I'm sure massage therapist isn't on either list, but your husbands job might be.

If neither is then your options are gone. If your husbands job is there then Google the code which goes with it. That lists the absolute minimum qualifications and experience needed for employer sponsorship. To pass a skills assessment often needs more.

And then you'd need at least 60 points.

Hi there and many thanks for your reply, we have been told that our only path is through sponsorship and a 457 visa which reading about seems very difficult to obtain so we are feeling a bit low just now as you can imagine. Is there any other way our family could be helpful in this situation? many thanks.

Hi there and many thanks for your reply, we have been told that our only path is through sponsorship and a 457 visa which reading about seems very difficult to obtain so we are feeling a bit low just now as you can imagine. Is there any other way our family could be helpful in this situation? many thanks.

Subclass 457 applicants are not sponsored, they are nominated by a qualified, prospective or actual employer.

For families, 457 is just about the last card in the pack. It is the visa you have when you are not having a visa. Apart from substantial onshore fees to be paid, 457 visa holders remain in Australia at the whim of the employer.

As I previously advised, it is possible that your family could assist without sponsoring you, depending on the particulars of your case.

Edited by wrussell
sp