475 or 489 conditions for PR 887

Mazza

Hi

Has anyone traveled to Australia with less than 2 years remaining in your 475 or 489 visa? If so were you able to get around the residency condition and apply for 887 PR?

Any advice most welcome.

Thanks

You can arrive in Oz with less than two years to run on your 475 visa. It will state a last entry date.

Have a look at the 489 extended pathway. This will add an additional year to allow you to meet the PR visa requirements.

It is only a few hundred dollars and you can apply yourself on-line.

Hotrod

You can arrive in Oz with less than two years to run on your 475 visa. It will state a last entry date.

Have a look at the 489 extended pathway. This will add an additional year to allow you to meet the PR visa requirements.

It is only a few hundred dollars and you can apply yourself on-line.

Hotrod

Thanks Hotrod, I am concerned that I also need to have met the 475 conditions in order to apply for the extended pathway visa - that's how I am reading it on the official website for IMMI which really defeats the point of my application. Do you know anything on this. I am wondering has anyone ever been in this position as finding it difficult to get a definitive answer.

• 1 month later...
Thanks Hotrod, I am concerned that I also need to have met the 475 conditions in order to apply for the extended pathway visa - that's how I am reading it on the official website for IMMI which really defeats the point of my application. Do you know anything on this. I am wondering has anyone ever been in this position as finding it difficult to get a definitive answer.

Have you consulted a registered migration agent?

Hi mazza

can I jump on your thread? I have got permanent resident visa sub class 176.

I am sure I was told the same as you regards 2 out of 5 years. Only arrived a month ago and my last entry date was 29/06/16

so won't be here 2 years, is my situation the same as yours? Or is it a different visa, if anyone knows let me know?

good luck with yours are you here yet or still in UK?

cheers

steve