2 week in..

samandcraig

Hi,so we have been in port noarlunga 2 weeks now, and it just feels like we have been here forever, we get the keys for our long term on the 10th and we start to gradually move in the week after as we have our furnished rental until the 18th. If anyone that previously mentioned that we could borrow things from them until our container arrives (due the 18th) could let me know if any items are still available that would be great, it's really appreciated. I must say people here are so friendly and helpful.

We have met a couple of lovely families and are gradually finding our feet, looking forward to moving into a house and knowing that we don't have to move for the next 12 months :)

Guest Claire-n-tel
I'm unable to find them.....how do I message them? X

Hi samandcraig!......I have been passed your number we are still overseas but get back on Wednesday night so will call you on Thursday :wubclub: The lend it box will be ready and waiting for you!

Just got my head together and realised you may well need a TV. Time flew! I'll head up the shed tomorrow and see if its working, that is if you are still in need.

I'm not sure if we've any other things that may be of use, depends what you are in need of.

Just got my head together and realised you may well need a TV. Time flew! I'll head up the shed tomorrow and see if its working, that is if you are still in need.

I'm not sure if we've any other things that may be of use, depends what you are in need of.

thanks so much but we are fine now thanks, decided to purchase a tv as it will be needed, thanks again for the offer...x

Been here three weeks tomorrow and we pick up our keys for our long term today, although we won't be moving in straight away as electric isn't on until Monday and out container doesn't arrive until next Friday so will probably be a couple of weeks after that until we receive it, so we will be staying put until next week when our four weeks is up! We have bought some basics as we missed out on Claire n tels box, but to be honest we will get by as you can pick up some cheap items at the local discount stores, obviously getting the box saves cash, and it is a great idea :)

I feel we have been really lucky, we managed to secure a long term really quickly with the help from one of Craig's mates, a tip is to write a cover letter with your application, simply introducing yourself as a couple/family, describing your hobbies, explaining why you want to live in that area, apparently it's the cheesier the better, and seemed to have worked for us.

We decided to buy a fairly new car as neither of us have the ability to check over a used car and back in the UK have ended up piling money into older cars for repairs ect, and in the end probably could have bought a new car! So we decided that a decent vehicle was a must.

Craig's mate also pointed him in the direction of a company that usually take on British joiners so Craig called and managed to get an interview after sending him his cv, he now has the job and starts on Monday. We did also get some numbers from indeed and he did get a call back yesterday asking if he could start for someone else so that is really positive. My brother did help sort his cv out so I think that has made a difference.

TFN- tax file number was easy to sort online.

Driving licence- was also easy, we went to the centre in port noarlunga and the office there were really good, very fast, in and out in 10 mins.

Medicare- we simply took ID and proof of visa and again only took around 10 mins (for us) to sort in centre link.

as we are on a 489 we aren't entitled to anything from centre link.

We also have chosen a package with bupa, you can walk into a bupa shop here and discuss a package with them, which I thought was great.

another tip we were given was to join the libary which we did, we only have a temporary card until we have proof of address, but you can still go in, print any info you may need and have Internet access, it's handy.

All I can say to everyone is that everybody we have dealt with have been so friendly and nothing is to much trouble, the people here are so nice :)

Hi amit, obviously I cant really comment on your line of work, but wish you every success :) we have decided to settle in Seaford rise, we always knew that we wanted a beach side location, but without being here it was hard to tell how far apart the suburbs are. From seaford rise we get to the city in around 35mins at the moment, the roads are very drivable (for us) we are from a small town so we're use to smaller roads with lots of cars, if you know what I mean? Here the roads (to us) are huge and this seems to ease a build up of traffic! The traffic just seems to flow, saying that, there are a lot of traffic lights, but you are never sat at them for long period. Hope this makes sense :) not long until you will be here to see it all for yourself :D