Leighbarker2374

Advice please

Is it possible to secure a mortgage for an Australian property before arriving from the uk. My OH has a spouse visa and I am an Australian citizen as are our 3 children. Thank you in advance for your help.

Welcome to the forum. Just so you know your first few posts will not appear until they have been approved by a moderator. We are all in Australia so it may take us a while due to time differences sometimes but we will get there eventually :cute:.

I can't help with your question, although it was something we considered before moving over. In the end the people who owned the house we wanted to buy wanted more for the house than we were prepared to pay, but I'm now glad that happened because I didn't like the house nearly as much in person as I did from the pictures. The pictures were a good representation and my brother in law had viewed the house and gave good feedback but the house just didn't feel right when we actually saw it. Unless you have actually been in the house you want to buy, or are buying a brand new house off the plan, I would wait until you are here even if you can get a mortgage from overseas.

Thanks I just thought posts would be posted automatically, mind a bit like a sponge at the moment, just want to make sure I had the right info to try and make the move go as smooth as possible

Apart from the issue of buying unseen, you will need to provide details of ongoing income to get a mortgage. So unless you have a job contract to start in Australia I'm not sure they will consider the UK earnings, as your intention is to leave the UK.

Thanks, Can you advise if you know how long it takes for a Mortgage to be approved??? We hope to be able to purchase a property with a small Australian Mortgage.

Hi Leigh

This would depend on your personal circumstances and ability to service the loan.

It has been possible in cases to secure finance once employment has been secured and pay has been received but as said will depend on individual circumstances ie type of employment contract and role and previous employment role as well as things like size of deposit etc. Having a large deposit will most certainly work in your favour.

Regards'

Andy