NickiJT

Private Nurseries or Daycare

Hi, we are coming to Adelaide for 6 weeks from early December as my father in law is very poorly. We are staying in Norwood. I have 3year old twins who, in England, attend nursery 4 days a week while I work. Does Adelaide have anything similar that we can enrol the twins into for 1-2 days a week so we keep in the nursery routine? Any help much appreciated.

Sorry to hear about your father in law. Our last trip to Adelaide before moving was to spend time with my sick father in law so I have some sympathy for your situation.

There are plenty of childcare centres around, the question would be if any of them had any places for your two children. Have a search for good start childcare centres and try contacting any close to where you are staying to see if they have any spaces. I can't recommend anywhere as my kids were much older when we moved but I do know there a lots around.

I know many people in my mothers group have been having real problems getting their children into child care. Lots have long waiting lists, and then only certain days available (often Mondays).