Bushfires

snifter

:( Just seen the warning for Pinery. Hoping everyone stays safe.

If anyone wants to know where to look for updates, the SA CFS site has the current warnings and incidents listed

http://www.cfs.sa.gov.au/site/warnings_and_incidents.jsp

BUSHFIRE EMERGENCY WARNING

Fire Name: PINERY

Message ID: 0000155

Time Message Issued: 19:33, 25/11/2015

EMERGENCY WARNING FOR A BUSHFIRE BURNING UNDER CATASTROPHIC WEATHER CONDITIONS

CFS advises that an extremely dangerous bushfire is burning out of control in the mid north region near Kapunda.

This Bushfire Emergency Warning Message is in place for the following area(s) Marrabel, Eudunda and Dutton.

The PINERY fire is travelling in a North Easterly direction towards Marrabel, Eudunda and Dutton. The entire fire ground is still active and the public should remain vigilant overnight..

If you are in this area you are in danger. Act immediately. Check and follow your Bushfire Survival Plan. Conditions at this fire may get worse very quickly.

Leave now if the path is clear to a safe place.

Homes are not designed or constructed to withstand a fire in these conditions.

Shelter before the fire arrives as radiant heat can kill you well before the flames reach you

If the building catches fire and the conditions inside become unbearable, you need to get out and go to an area that has already been burnt.

After the fire front has passed, check your immediate area and extinguish anything burning.

Stay tuned to this radio station on a battery-powered radio for updates.

For information about bushfires, check the CFS website www.cfs.sa.gov.auor call the Bushfire Information Hotline on 1300 362 361.

Sadly the fires claimed lives yesterday and injured others. Homes have been lost also.

I'm sure there will be collections for items needed and so on. I remember last year lots of people wanted to donate things and some groups and people stepped up to organise it all. I'm trying to see if there is anything local to us for items being collected and if so will see what we have that is needed/requested.

DONATING, VOLUNTEERING

If you or your organisation would like to offer financial support to those affected by the devastating bushfires, you can donate to St Vincent De Paul or The Salvation Army.

Visit the Vinnies SA Bushfire Appeal online to donate: http://bit.ly/1R6dLIH

Or call Vinnies SA on 8112 8700.

Salvation Army's online appeal is at: http://bit.ly/1IhD7fk

Or call Salvos on 137258.

Volunteering SA & NT are managing the volunteer effort. Register here: http://bit.ly/1XrNDHQ

Last year the Sampson flat fire scared me to death as our first summer in Australia even though we were 10-15kms away from the fireground and now its only spring and this bushfire is particularly close to home. We're still reeling how quickly it travelled. I live north of Gawler on the edge of the Barossa and we had an emergency warning. Smoke filled our suburb, ash falling through the windows....it was extremely scary. No one could expected such ferocity. My daughters friend lives on a farm and they have lost everything. Our local dog rescue managed to save their animals but lost the kennels and outbuildings. Tragedy so close to home. It really hits home just how scary and dangerous bushfires can be. Fingers crossed we get through summer without any more horrific fires.