But, but... spring is just around the corner

snifter

Sunshine, blue skies and above-average temperatures expected in Adelaide for most of this week

index&t_product=AdelaideNow&td_device=desktop

Environment Reporter Jade Gailberger, The Advertiser

August 15, 2016 12:46pm

index&t_product=AdelaideNow&td_device=desktop

SOUTH Australians can shrug off their winter coats as a burst of warm weather sweeps the state.

A northerly air stream, accompanying a high pressure system over the eastern states, is expected to push the temperature up to 22C on Monday. It had not quite reached 21C by early afternoon.

And the warm weather is forecast to last for much of the week.

Bureau of Meteorology forecaster Paul Bierman said the average temperature for August was 16.6C but it wasn’t uncommon to get temperatures above 20C.

“Most years there’s at least one day above 20C,” he said.

“August 2014 had five days in a row above 22C.”

A top of 20C is expected on Tuesday, and a weak change could bring a chance of showers into the evening.

But Mr Bierman said it would deliver less than a millimetre.

“The system clears up very quickly,” he said.

By Wednesday morning a northerly airstream and mostly sunny day with a maximum of 22C is forecast.

But the week’s taste of spring is set to dwindle late on Thursday. The temperature is expected to reach 21C after a sunny morning but a cold front will move in late in the day.

Rain is expected from the afternoon into the evening, dropping maximum temperatures to a wintry 14C across the weekend.

Mr Bierman said Friday’s forecast maximum temperature of 14C would be less than Thursday’s predicted minimum of 15C, and encouraged people to enjoy the sun while it lasts.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/sunshine-blue-skies-and-aboveaverage-temperatures-expected-in-adelaide-for-most-of-this-week/news-story/207a94db0fef2f2730b5124e0e9bab73

I do love a bit of winter sunshine. I've been able to get so much done in the garden, been for some lovely walks in Belair National Park, the trails around us up here in the hills and more.

I think spring is my favourite season here. I love the warmer days before the real heat kicks in and the cooler evenings. Also love the gentle breezes we get. And to see the garden come to life after its winter snooze.

• 3 weeks later...