Stirling market

snifter

In the run up to Christmas (yes, its November and so I can mention it :D ) Stirling market is well worth a visit. It usually runs on the 4th Sunday of the month. In December the market is running the 3rd Sunday of the month so there are two to go before Christmas. 

If you have not visited it yet or its been a while since you last checked it out, it could be a good place to find some small personal gifts or stocking fillers or small presents to send back to family in the UK or elsewhere. 

We love it as its a lovely town to wander, plenty of shade and lots of different stalls down the streets and side streets. Plus many of the shops are open also. And some lovely cafes for coffee or nibbles. 

http://stirlingmarket.com.au/

• Like 1

Its great for small gifts. I went to the UK a few months back and shopped for a heap of small gifts to take back with me. Most of them came from Stirling market. Most made locally also. 

I found a lady who does some lovely small pottery, she makes these lovely leaf dishes (you know the sort, with an actual leaf set into them for the pattern) and some fun cute little pottery snails and some cat ring stands (you pop your rings over the tails to keep them safe). All small, lightweight and could pack safely. She is down one of the side streets off the main market row, on the lower side of the hill. There is also a lady on one of the main rows who makes native wildlife glass window wotsits. Coloured glass and makes designs of native birds like kookaburras, fairy wrens, lorikeets and the like. Hang them in the windows or on porches to catch the sun. Again, small gifts but easy to pack and transport. And then of course things like the local handmade soaps from eucalypt trees and other smellies. Also grabbed some local hills jams and stuff from some weirdly local fruits. Oh and a few things like wine bottle stoppers with an old Aussie coin in the top. Those sorts of Aussie things but not the usual tourist stuff. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, snifter said:

Its great for small gifts. I went to the UK a few months back and shopped for a heap of small gifts to take back with me. Most of them came from Stirling market. Most made locally also. 

I found a lady who does some lovely small pottery, she makes these lovely leaf dishes (you know the sort, with an actual leaf set into them for the pattern) and some fun cute little pottery snails and some cat ring stands (you pop your rings over the tails to keep them safe). All small, lightweight and could pack safely. She is down one of the side streets off the main market row, on the lower side of the hill. There is also a lady on one of the main rows who makes native wildlife glass window wotsits. Coloured glass and makes designs of native birds like kookaburras, fairy wrens, lorikeets and the like. Hang them in the windows or on porches to catch the sun. Again, small gifts but easy to pack and transport. And then of course things like the local handmade soaps from eucalypt trees and other smellies. Also grabbed some local hills jams and stuff from some weirdly local fruits. Oh and a few things like wine bottle stoppers with an old Aussie coin in the top. Those sorts of Aussie things but not the usual tourist stuff. 

I'm sold.  Just got to sort the logistics now.