Visa option for a baby who was not added before decission was made

Zubayer

Dear fellows,

I have a question regarding new born visa. I applied for 887 in October 17, no decission yet. By this time I have been blessed with a new born in Australia. Looks it will take time to gather Bith certificate and passport of the newborn and will delay the whole process of getting visa decission. Can I choose to not add new born at bfore my visa decission? If I do so, then how shall I be able to apply for the new born and that will be what visa?

Please help me if you have any information regarding this.

Thanks in advance.

Zubayer.

• 3 weeks later...

MIGRATION ACT 1958 - SECT 78 Children born in Australia

MIGRATION ACT 1958 - SECT 78

Children born in Australia

(1)  If:

(a)  a child born in Australia is a non-citizen when born; and

(b)  at the time of the birth:

(i)  one of the child's parents holds a visa (other than a special purpose visa); and

(ii)  the other parent is, under section 83, included in that visa or does not hold a visa (other than a special purpose visa);

the child is taken to have been granted, at the time of the birth, a visa of the same kind and class and on the same terms and conditions (if any) as that visa.

(2)  If:

(a)  a child born in Australia is a non-citizen when born; and

(b)  at the time of the birth, each of the child's parents holds a visa (other than a special purpose visa);

the child is taken to have been granted, at the time of the birth, visas of the same kind and class and on the same terms and conditions (if any) as each of those visas.

(3)  Subdivisions AA, AB, AC (other than section 68) and AH do not apply in relation to visas granted under this section.