887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Have you tried getting in touch with Brisbane GSM team?

I would call them in the first place: 07 3136 7000

Hi applicant887 and others,

As you suggested I just called to 07 3136 7000 and the lady just said she doesn't have any update regarding my application and for further queries I better communicate via email :S Bad luck I guess. Any other suggestion ?

Hi applicant887 and others,

As you suggested I just called to 07 3136 7000 and the lady just said she doesn't have any update regarding my application and for further queries I better communicate via email :S Bad luck I guess. Any other suggestion ?

This answer is typical even days before the case is finalized. My friend who got his PR yesterday, had called Brisbane number just a week ago and was told that his case hadn't come back from external checks.

You can also lodge a complaint to IGIS to see if external checks on your application have been cleared.

Generally these inquiries are for information purposes only and unfortunately there is not much that can be done by the applicant to accelerate the process apart from providing documents as required.

This answer is typical even days before the case is finalized. My friend who got his PR yesterday, had called Brisbane number just a week ago and was told that his case hadn't come back from external checks.

You can also lodge a complaint to IGIS to see if external checks on your application have been cleared.

Generally these inquiries are for information purposes only and unfortunately there is not much that can be done by the applicant to accelerate the process apart from providing documents as required.

Ok I will do that. But the auto answer was saying that all the cases will be dealt by 1st of August ! What is your idea about it ?

Ok I will do that. But the auto answer was saying that all the cases will be dealt by 1st of August ! What is your idea about it ?

That is true. the recorded message indicates that if an outcome wasn't available by 1st of August then contact immigration for follow up. In fact the number of visas that has been issued after 1st of July shows that immigration is trying to address all pending cases from 2013/2014. I myself am hoping that my case be finalized in coming weeks. Lets hope for the best.

Hello

IELTS when we applied for our 489 visa in 2013, i have attached my partners degree certificate as proof of English and it was perfectly fine.If you refer the below link

http://www.border.gov.au/about/corporate/information/faqs/how-can-i-prove-i-have-functional-english

Sanjeev: Can you please help me with regards to 489 family sponsor - as am trying to get my Sister from India for further studies (holds MMBS) thanks a lot

Hello

IELTS when we applied for our 489 visa in 2013, i have attached my partners degree certificate as proof of English and it was perfectly fine.If you refer the below link

http://www.border.gov.au/about/corporate/information/faqs/how-can-i-prove-i-have-functional-english

Sanjeev: Can you please help me with regards to 489 family sponsor - as am trying to get my Sister from India for further studies (holds MMBS) thanks a lot

489 family sponsored visa is for those applicants who are not able to make 60 points of their own or who are unable to get state sponsorship .

You can give 10 points to the applicant if you hold PR or citizen of Australia.I hope you hold PR or citizen?

Edited by sanjeevkathuria

Hello

Oh just checked that u already hold PR.

Your sister needs 60 points for either 189,190 and 489 visa.

You can check points details on immi website.basically points for existing skill/qualification,age,experience, IELTS canbe claimed.if total points are 60 then go for visa 189.if points are 50 or 55 then u can consider visa 489 or visa 190

state sponsorship respectively.

You just have to sign a statutory declaration form for 489 then u are PR and want to sponsor your sister.form for 489 is available on immi website.you have to prove you both common parents for relation points.passport will do that.