887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi Guys,

Just learn about pomsinadelaide.. seems the most happening forum!!

Could you please share you thoughts on the below,

1. Anyone applied for 887 Visa recently?

I like to know how long it takes if we submit the application on 3rd Aug 2015. Considering we file all the required documents and meet the conditions.?

I'm asking as I like to know if I can work in Sydney after applying 887 (Curently restricted as I'm on 489 - family sponsored). I have an on going interview in Sydney and want to know if I can say I will be eligible to work form Sep or Oct 2015, assuming it would take 2 months to ger 887. (6 months on immi site).

2. What will be the status of my Visa conditions when 887 is being processed . Will the 489 conditions still apply?

Thanks Guys.

Sashank

Hello Sashank,

I am facing the same issue. The fact is we cant work in cities like Sydney etc until have 887 granted.

the bridge visa only come into the effect once our existing 489 visa gets expired.

Hence, to answer your quenstion- NO you cant work until you have 887 granted..

About timeline--- I found there is no fix pattern, there are people who got visa in just 22 days ( someone posted here yesterday claiming the same, however yet to have his confimration )..on the other hand, there are people for them it take arond year or so..

Personally, I know couple of guys they have got their visa with in 5-8 weeks.

HTH

Hi Guys,

Just learn about pomsinadelaide.. seems the most happening forum!!

Could you please share you thoughts on the below,

1. Anyone applied for 887 Visa recently?

I like to know how long it takes if we submit the application on 3rd Aug 2015. Considering we file all the required documents and meet the conditions.?

I'm asking as I like to know if I can work in Sydney after applying 887 (Curently restricted as I'm on 489 - family sponsored). I have an on going interview in Sydney and want to know if I can say I will be eligible to work form Sep or Oct 2015, assuming it would take 2 months to ger 887. (6 months on immi site).

2. What will be the status of my Visa conditions when 887 is being processed . Will the 489 conditions still apply?

Thanks Guys.

Sashank

Until your current provisional visa 489 expires you won't be able to relocate to places that are not included in your visa condition so the answer is NO. If your existing visa ceases before 887 is granted you need to follow conditions on your bridging visa which in most cases does not have any condition.

Until your current provisional visa 489 expires you won't be able to relocate to places that are not included in your visa condition so the answer is NO. If your existing visa ceases before 887 is granted you need to follow conditions on your bridging visa which in most cases does not have any condition.

Hi Applicant887,

What's your situation ?

I tried calling them and sent emails - no luck yet :S

Hi Applicant887,

What's your situation ?

I tried calling them and sent emails - no luck yet :S

This is my timeline:

475 to 887--- Application Date: 22 Aug 2014---Team 10 Request: 12 Nov 2014

No Team 13 Request so far---Referred to ESC: 23 Nov 2014---Grant ???

Did you call Brisbane GSM number? 03 3136 7000

This is my timeline:

475 to 887--- Application Date: 22 Aug 2014---Team 10 Request: 12 Nov 2014

No Team 13 Request so far---Referred to ESC: 23 Nov 2014---Grant ???

Did you call Brisbane GSM number? 03 3136 7000

You meant 07 3136 7000, right ? Yes I did talk to three different persons and no luck :S What about you ? Did you talk ?

Sorry the number is for Brisbane.

Yes I did call them 10 days ago and got the typical answer of sit tight and wait for the department to call you.

what is your timeline?

Applied August 4, 2014; Got CO on November 4 - Asked for Form 80 and updated. Till then emailed couple of times asking if anything else is needed - Answered nope and here I am waiting...

Hi everyone, i apply 887 from 487 on 7/5 2015, allocated on 16/6, submited requested information on 19/6, no request for the ESC, still waiting, there are a lot people applyed after me already get granted, what i can do? Any idea? I called the Brisbane office before , but no working

Hi everyone, i apply 887 from 487 on 7/5 2015, allocated on 16/6, submited requested information on 19/6, no request for the ESC, still waiting, there are a lot people applyed after me already get granted, what i can do? Any idea? I called the Brisbane office before , but no working

When you call Brisbane Number recently there is an automated answer which has to be listened to, before an operator attends the call and to be fair they are really helpful however it is a fact that no one would expect them to make the final call on the application and grant the visa.

Hi Lucyz what info Co asked 19/06 from you?

can anyone please help

can we fulfill our work requirements by working as casual worker more then 35 hours/week? or should be full Time or part time in papers?

on immi site says you can work full Time or part time jobs but doesn't say casual.

does anyone know who got their 887 by doing casual work.

can anyone please help

can we fulfill our work requirements by working as casual worker more then 35 hours/week? or should be full Time or part time in papers?

on immi site says you can work full Time or part time jobs but doesn't say casual.

does anyone know who got their 887 by doing casual work.

Short answer is yes you CAN. Full time or part time or a combination of more than one part time job (35+ hours a week in total) is accepted and it can be any kind of job as long as tax is paid.

I guess by "CASUAL" you mean that the job is not in your area of profession or the skill that your visa was granted on that basis in the first place.

Short answer is yes you CAN. Full time or part time or a combination of more than one part time job (35+ hours a week in total) is accepted and it can be any kind of job as long as tax is paid.

I guess by "CASUAL" you mean that the job is not in your area of profession or the skill that your visa was granted on that basis in the first place.

thanks for for your reply

I meant if you not full Time in papers or part time my employment status says casual employee but I get 35 hours per week.

mean I don't get any sick leave or annual leave I'm just casual employee