887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

8 hours ago, alexoir said:

It took barely 10 working days for my daughter to be granted 489 visa after I'd submitted her passport details and birth certificate. She was born here in Australia. How did you add your daughter to 887 when she didn't have 489? I know immi wouldn't allow you to do that. That's why I waited until my daughter was granted 489 before I applied for 887.

As your daughter has now been granted 489. I'm sure your 887 grant will not be far away. They might or might not ask you for your daughter's medicals.

When I got passport of my daughter, same time I eligible for 887 so I did not apply 489 visa seperatly for my daughter but I did notify immigration by fill-up form 1436 with my 887 visa application. And in 2/feb CO assign and issue 489 visa for daughter. But still medical pending. She already finished 6 months. They definitely ask for medical next time when CO assign. Now after grant 489 visa my daughter added in immi account already. 

8 hours ago, alexoir said:

It took barely 10 working days for my daughter to be granted 489 visa after I'd submitted her passport details and birth certificate. She was born here in Australia. How did you add your daughter to 887 when she didn't have 489? I know immi wouldn't allow you to do that. That's why I waited until my daughter was granted 489 before I applied for 887.

As your daughter has now been granted 489. I'm sure your 887 grant will not be far away. They might or might not ask you for your daughter's medicals.

Are you sure it took only 10 days for your case to grant 489 for your daughter's visa? 

2 hours ago, Tsep said:

Are you sure it took only 10 days for your case to grant 489 for your daughter's visa? 

Actually I think it took less than that. I sent all the required docs with Form 1022 and a cover letter directly to the 489 Team in Adelaide by express mail. I posted it on a Tuesday and they received it on Wednesday. My daughter was granted 489 the following Monday so that's about 4 working days.

53 minutes ago, alexoir said:

Actually I think it took less than that. I sent all the required docs with Form 1022 and a cover letter directly to the 489 Team in Adelaide by express mail. I posted it on a Tuesday and they received it on Wednesday. My daughter was granted 489 the following Monday so that's about 4 working days.

Hmm. That's very fast. Good luck 

On 20/02/2018 at 3:41 PM, Kun said:

Hi Guys,

I applied on 26/10/2017.

CO contacted on 12/02/2018 for 2 years residency and 1 employment proofs further.

Submitted docs on 18/02/2018.

When should I expect their response?

Thanks

hi Kun,

i have submitted doc on 22nd dec.

do you get any reponse yet or not?

when are you expecting to get response

thanks 

33 minutes ago, kash said:

hi all,

Hopefully they start process faster and we get grants by the end of this week.

it looks like there are only two case officer in gsm adelaide team 10 which are adam and sophorn.

hope for the best

this wait is getting on me know..........

There are two more I know of... :) That makes four. 

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Congratulations to those who got grants/allocated till now.

I applied on 9th Oct - sitting tight - waiting for my turn. Got one query - My Son was born last yr and I got him 489 visa at the same time. We all 3 applied via immi account for 887.

Do you reckon CO will ask for his medical (although he was born in Aus and we've never gone out of country since his birth)? Do anyone have any experience in this space? Please share...

19 minutes ago, Pomology said:

Hi Guys,

Congratulations to those who got grants/allocated till now.

I applied on 9th Oct - sitting tight - waiting for my turn. Got one query - My Son was born last yr and I got him 489 visa at the same time. We all 3 applied via immi account for 887.

Do you reckon CO will ask for his medical (although he was born in Aus and we've never gone out of country since his birth)? Do anyone have any experience in this space? Please share...

I'm in a similar situation and I'm pretty sure we'd be asked to do medical for them. Others in similar situation were asked to do the same.

1 hour ago, Fareena said:

We received our 489 visa on July 2015,travelled same year for 8weeks then travelled again in 2016 for 6 weeks.We have compensated our 8 weeks stay n then applied for 887.

Fantastic!!! I am bit scared that, I have travelled altogether 4 times total of 63 days before applying for my 887 visas and I have compensated only 9 days after that I applied for my 887 visa. 2 times I went for my job purpose and 1 times for holiday and 1 times to attend my father funeral and I have all the evidence. Don't know what gonna happen? 

1 hour ago, KKang said:

HI, guys 

I just got visa granted  lol 

Applied :  21 SEP 2017

1st Co Contacted : 21 Jan 2018 

Visa Grant : 28 Feb 2018 

Thanks all  It will be your turn soon 

Great news, congrats!!! :D:D You only waited for 5 weeks from CO contact to visa grant. That's pretty good going. :)

HI, guys 
I just got visa granted  lol 
Applied :  21 SEP 2017
1st Co Contacted : 21 Jan 2018 
Visa Grant : 28 Feb 2018 

Thanks all  It will be your turn soon 

Congtrats mate.. Sooooo many happy news.. our average no of grants per day has become 2... [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk