887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

6 minutes ago, Russki said:

Hi Kate, oh God, why, WHY?! Why hardcopy?! Any CO has the power to check if the scanned document (like IELTS certificate) is genuine or not... ? How strange. Just send a hardcopy to them by express mail or a courier asap. ? I hope, this will be it and they will not ask for anything else, fingers crossed!!!

I think, initial assessment is when they are opening a file fresh, once you give them additional documents, it will probably change to "further assessment"? Any thoughts?

The thing is that IELTS results were available online on the 4th of May but it is not an official doc...but knowing that we have a public holiday on the 7th and I will get a hardcopy on the 8th we decided to download at least online results (TRF nr was already there) BUT NO HARD COPY. Hard Copy I have downloaded only yesterday but by that time they already looked at my file...I downloaded too late, they just did not see it. that is the reason why they asked for it again...I have to wait for another 2 months now

• Sad 3

42 minutes ago, Kate said:

Good morning everyone! Wishing as usual all the best - heaps of golden emails.

oh, news on my behalf...

applied - 18.11.2018

co - 08.05.2018, Sophorn

Unfortunately I am not the luckiest person... I was asked for additional doc: hubby's IELTS hard copy. The sad thing about it that I have already downloaded it into Immiaccount BUT at 1.15pm yesterday and got my letter from CO at 1.36pm...

what is the current stat for a second rounders? when to expect my file to be review again? please advise?

Oh @Kate That's unfortunate...... Why they need a hard copy???? Isn't colour scanned copy of original certificate enough????? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kate said:

The thing is that IELTS results were available online on the 4th of May but it is not an official doc...but knowing that we have a public holiday on the 7th and I will get a hardcopy on the 8th we decided to download at least online results (TRF nr was already there) BUT NO HARD COPY. Hard Copy I have downloaded only yesterday but by that time they already looked at my file...I downloaded too late, they just did not see it. that is the reason why they asked for it again...I have to wait for another 2 months now

Oh, sorry Kate, such a shame, just a bit of bad timing... Stick around, two months will go quickly! ? We have already waited this long... ? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, slvicky said:

Oh @Kate That's unfortunate...... Why they need a hard copy???? Isn't colour scanned copy of original certificate enough????? 

Please submit hard copy of your IELTS certificate - I think they mean in my case just because I downloaded online results to download a colour scan of the hardcopy

3 minutes ago, Russki said:

Oh, sorry Kate, such a shame, just a bit of bad timing... Stick around, two months will go quickly! ? We have already waited this long... ? 

yeah I know...2 months is doable I guess...but I just today got a job offer, can you believe that?!

• Like 4

Just now, Kate said:

Please submit hard copy of your IELTS certificate - I think they mean in my case just because I downloaded online results to download a colour scan of the hardcopy

Oh... yes they need the official IELTS result sheet. the online result isn't official. that's why. 

Bad luck for you @Kate. But stay strong and hope for the best

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ThankYouAU said:

Hi All,

I am new to this forum, but good news: just received direct grant yesterday.

Applied on 15/11/2017

Direct grant 07/05/2018

CO: Sophorn - thank you, mate!

We made sure ticketing all boxes of the "document checklist" (as per advised on the DIBP website):

- current passport biopages, me and spouse

- drivers licence Australia and home country (NAATI translated), me and spouse

- birth certificates (NAATI translated), me and spouse

- form 80, me and spouse

- police check Australia and police certificates home country (NAATI translated), me and spouse

- bank statements (daily account & savings) covering 2 years period, me and spouse (joint account)

- marriage certificate (NAATI translated)

- utility bills (electricity & gas) covering 2 years period, under my name

- car & home insurance covers and renews, under my name

- lease contracts & renewals covering 2 years, under my name and spouse

- cars registration, under my name

- ATO tax returns summaries 2015-2016 & 2016/2017, me and spouse

- PAYG summaries 2015-2016 & 2016/2017, me and spouse

-  job offer & contracts, full time job for 2 years period (lucky me), me

-  about 18 payslips (monthly pay), me

- job reference letter with all info requested (DIBP website) signed by HR manager, me

- superannuation summaries 2015-2016 & 2016/2017, me

-  job offer & contracts, 2 casual jobs, spouse

-  job offer & contract, full time job (for the last 8 months), spouse

-  about 20 payslips (weekly & fortnightly pay), spouse

- IELTS test results (Sep/15 & Jan/18), spouse

- no health exams required for both

Except for the Australia drivers licence, all documents submitted were not certified - just good quality PDF copy of originals (even if back & white).

We have been living & working in regional area since we got 489 grant - so we were not really expecting any issues.

Over the 2 years period I travelled overseas on holidays/family visits twice (about 25 days combined) and my spouse 3 times (about 35 days combined) .

Overall, I am pretty happy with the process. Even if not as transparent as some may expect, it is pretty straightforward.

Comply with what you said you would do, gather the docs, apply and get the grant.

I would like people here as this forum has been great to give us an idea of were the applications backlog was, so we could have an idea of when we would likely hear news - as it happened.

Thank you all.

Congratulations for the Grant.

Thanks for sharing the list of documents you have submitted for the application.

Just a question for the documents, DId you submit the copy of the passport size photograph or not?

42 minutes ago, Kate said:

no I cannot take the offer as I still cannot work in Metro areanull

alexoir is right, would you try contacting immigration asking if you can now move with the job?! With you being so close to your grant, they may just fast-track the decision or at least release you from the 489 conditions?! ? Wishful thinking, yes, but no harm is trying...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sunnyabat said:

Hi guys,

My case officer contacted me today and they asked me for my AFP check again.

this is the 3rd time i am going to get my afp check in 8 months.

It is so painful and dreadful as my file will go back in Que for another 3 months or so.

???

So, your name on passport and AFP doesn't match? 

Hi guys,

It is so painful and dreadful as my file will go back in Que for another 3 months or so.
[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

What was the reason for the to ask it again.. Dont worry you will get there..

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

My timeline: 

Applied 887: 24 August 2017

CO requested Police Clearance from Country of Origin and Form 1023: 13 December 2017

CO requested residence proof and work experience: 8 March 2018

Documents provided: 20 March 2018

No news afterwards.

Question 1: My full-time work requirement on one year completed four months after date of application. CO has got new experience letter that covers one year now but it did not cover at the time of application. Should I withdraw the application after 8.5 months and lodge a new one?

Question 2: If my 887 application is refused then I will be on Bridging-A visa that allows me 35 days to remain in AU. Can I apply for 887 visa again during that period? 

8 minutes ago, sunnyabat said:

Hi guys,

???

I am so sorry to hear this sunnyabat, what is with the COs today?! ? 

• Like 1

Just now, perth8927 said:

My timeline: 

Applied 887: 24 August 2017

CO requested Police Clearance from Country of Origin and Form 1023: 13 December 2017

CO requested residence proof and work experience: 8 March 2018

Documents provided: 20 March 2018

No news afterwards.

Question 1: My full-time work requirement on one year completed four months after date of application. CO has got new experience letter that covers one year now but it did not cover at the time of application. Should I withdraw the application after 8.5 months and lodge a new one?

Question 2: If my 887 application is refused then I will be on Bridging-A visa that allows me 35 days to remain in AU. Can I apply for 887 visa again during that period? 

Opppss, why did you lodged your application before completing one-year full-time work condition???? Others any idea about the Q2???

well this is the scenario,

my name on passport is Sunpreet Singh so no last name initially i applied with last name as Singh and given name as Sunpreet.

they emailed me to get my afp check with exact name so i got the exact name with no last name and now he has told me to get the afp check with the pattern as

Singh,Sunpreet,Singh and Sunpreet Singh

i am really pissed off and confused why he gave me this pattern anyways can not complain so i have already applied a new one.

• Confused 1