887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

12 minutes ago, Honey said:

Update now. ?

I wish all people who waiting for a long time get their grant ASAP.

I have checked the immi site for processing time. ? They have now updated time for 887 visa to 9-12 months. But I also noticed that processing times for some other visas have blown out hugely. 489 is badly affected. ?  Interestingly, we have several new Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS 482) categories now, which are being processed very quickly. Hmmm... Is it what takes most of our COs time now? ? 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Manny (Applied 14 Dec 17) said:

Today I got so tired, Sick and bored of this long WAIT. So decided to remember and cherish the day I got my 489 Visa..!

I found my post way back from 2015 on Expat forum when I got my 489 Grant. At that time process seems to be way fast..! Lucky us at that time ;-)..

Good old days!!! ? ? ? Yes, we are lucky. We will all get there with the 887, too, just takes longer. We got caught up in Mr Dutton's sneaky political games, but we are at the finishing line. ? 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Russki said:

Good old days!!! ? ? ? Yes, we are lucky. We will all get there with the 887, too, just takes longer. We got caught up in Mr Dutton's sneaky political games, but we are at the finishing line. ? 

There is a saying in Hindi / Punjabi , That the" Elephant has gone through, now only the tail is remaining ".

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Freddy said:

Hi Navdeep, it doesn't make a difference I believe as you will be on a bridging visa (effective 26th August). You will only need to apply for a BVB if you want to travel overseas ?

Hi mate.... i know but i feel like we are hanging by the neck till the time i see our 887 grant.... ?

24 minutes ago, HSK (Applied 14 sep 17) said:

There is a saying in Hindi / Punjabi , That the" Elephant has gone through, now only the tail is remaining ".

Hi HSK

these sound good in Hindi or Punjabi only...but yes to make other understand you have to write in English?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, HSK (Applied 14 sep 17) said:

That's one long bloody tail! ? ? But seriously, that's a great saying!!! I am going to adopt it for myself. ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Freddy said:

Hi guys,

quick question, I have done my visa validation trip back in June 2015 then left to my country, I re-enter Australia after 14 months permanently and settled in my regional area. does it affect my 887 application in anyway? I mean is there any time limits mentioned between the visa validation trip and the next entry date? I will not claim the days I have spent during the visa validation trip.

Hi Freddy...i dnt think it will make any difference. I went back to India for 9 months in 2015 and 2016. But my agent told me that its not a problem. Just need a total of 2 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 10thfeb said:

I guess no grants today..!! Bcoz of the drama happening in parliament

Maybe, somewhere on another forum 5 people were happily celebrating their grants today? ?? We don't really have the full picture, just general trends... let's keep hoping!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Navdeep047 said:

Just for fun...i went back to the very first page of this discussion. People at that time were worried that they haven't got the grants in 2 months after lodging their files.?

? ? Soooooo spoilt they were!!!! This puts it in perspective, yeah!

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, alexoir said:

Looks like our friend Peter Dutton might become the PM by the end of today. Scott Morrison has also joined the race. 

https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/dutton-battles-to-get-signatures-for-his-petition/news-story/fe161c79565e93e91c0313caeba678f2

Turnbull is nomore the PM. Official announcement to be made tomorrow. Dutton is poised to take over. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, alexoir said:

Turnbull is nomore the PM. Official announcement to be made tomorrow. Dutton is poised to take over. 

R u sure?? 

Just read this somewhere

Julie Bishop will run for the leadership, making it a three corner contest.

‪Because of this, the Dutton forces have withdrawn their petition, arguing that now it’s a three corner contest, the petition is redundant. 

Posted 4.00pm Thursday.

• Thanks 1

Also,

Section 44 of the Constitution has struck down many a politician in the past year — but is it powerful enough to take down the former minister for home affairs, Peter Dutton?

This time it is not dual citizenship under s44(i) that is at issue. Instead, it is the more obscure s44(v) in the spotlight.

What is section 44(v) about?

Section 44(v) says that any person who "has any direct or indirect pecuniary interest in any agreement with the Public Service of the Commonwealth" is disqualified from sitting as a member of parliament.

• Thanks 1