887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

6 minutes ago, DVR said:

If an applicant has submitted their English degree certificate/Language confirmation letter along with IELTS, I don't think they will ask IELTS again. If they can check your IELTS from your 489 profile, they should be able to see your degree certificates as well

i have english certificate which mention my qualification was in English, but its dated 2010 any ways my agent refuse to upload he said every case is different and you don't know what they did so dont worry you  will get visa

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Uetian said:

Guys,

For how long english test (PTE/IELTS) remains valid?

I took PTE which was less than 2 years old at the time of my 887 application, and it is still less than 3 years old.

If I upload now, should it be considered expired or valid? 

@nudgee @DVR

Do you have any information about  the validity of english test?

On the test certificate, validity period of two years is mentioned. But, the screenshot shared above by @Hans which I believe is the request  received from  DHA, indicated the test is more than 3 years old.

Thanks

22 minutes ago, Salman khan said:

he said there is nowhere mention regarding English requirement and its not possible that at provisional stage they required min 6 in each ielts and for permanent residency they require only 4.5 band sounds like crazy ..

I talk with my agent as a primary applicant he said no need of English requirement as I was secondary applicant in 489 now I m primary applicant in 887 I provide my 5 yrs study in aus even in 887 he didn't upload my aus study and if co ask for functional English he said better to write email to skill support include all your study docs and upload into immi again and mention everything if you have any qualification in English medium you don't need to do ielts or any test again

Edited by 28-09-18
Forget
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sean3075 said:

Just checked the Visa processing time page and saw : 

We are currently assessing applications submitted before January 2019

😥

My wife(Primary) and I(2nd) applied 887 on 27/9/2018, 

17/12/2019 first contacted, 

CO(Andries ) asked us to provide1) new AFP  2) my functional English proof or just pay VAC tuition fee. ( but I've paid for Functional English and the 2nd Visa Application Charge (VAC) when I applied for 496 VISA and finished the lessons and got the certificate in AU. )

So we just sent the new AFP and my certificate. 

And then nothing... Now it starts to process "2019"...    Maybe I  should have just paid the tuition fee. 😥

Please don’t be sad or blame yourself. Even if you had paid the fee, they still take long time to process. They’re lazy. 

• Thanks 1

I think they will update the processing time on next Monday. Since they only work two weeks in April, don’t expect a sharp decrease in processing time, I think it may reduce back to 24 - 28 months, but next months the update will be 20 - 22. They will reduce gradually.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, 28-09-18 said:

I talk with my agent as a primary applicant he said no need of English requirement as I was secondary applicant in 489 now I m primary applicant in 887 I provide my 5 yrs study in aus even in 887 he didn't upload my aus study and if co ask for functional English he said better to write email to skill support include all your study docs and upload into immi again and mention everything if you have any qualification in English medium you don't need to do ielts or any test again

same

2 hours ago, justaguy said:

Please don’t be sad or blame yourself. Even if you had paid the fee, they still take long time to process. They’re lazy. 

2 hours ago, justaguy said:

Same here. Applied sep 2018 . Same case office , 1st contact in dec and after that no response 

5 hours ago, Sean3075 said:

Just checked the Visa processing time page and saw : 

We are currently assessing applications submitted before January 2019

😥

My wife(Primary) and I(2nd) applied 887 on 27/9/2018, 

17/12/2019 first contacted, 

CO(Andries ) asked us to provide1) new AFP  2) my functional English proof or just pay VAC tuition fee. ( but I've paid for Functional English and the 2nd Visa Application Charge (VAC) when I applied for 496 VISA and finished the lessons and got the certificate in AU. )

So we just sent the new AFP and my certificate. 

And then nothing... Now it starts to process "2019"...    Maybe I  should have just paid the tuition fee. 😥

Same here. Applied sep 2018 . Same case office , 1st contact in dec and after that no response 
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, 28-09-18 said:

I had been asked by CO for functional English as an primary applicant . I had raised my concern to my agent 1 month b4 that someone in this group as an primary applicant had been asked to provide functional English proof.At that time my agent  said it’s not required as you have higher bands in Ielts but same thing have happened to me now. Agent had requested the Co for the review but still I had not heard anything . I suggest don’t wait for any email to come just upload your study documents pro actively.

Edited by Jessi

Hlo guys
is there anyone who has claim for their super?? What are the eligibilities  for claiming super? Can temporary visa holder claim for it?
Thanks

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/may/08/early-access-to-superannuation-paused-as-police-freeze-120000-in-allegedly-stolen-funds

I don’t know if this will affect the early access to super or not

12 hours ago, BoddyFam said:

🤗 Grant Grant Grant!! 🤩 

Received today at 7:40am

Applied: 2 February 2019

Requested additional info: 23 April 2020

Complained: Once before being contacted (in March). Complained again 3 days after submitting additional info (27 April). 

Family of 4

South Africa 🇿🇦

CO: Lisa

Thank you to everyone in this forum! It helps keep you sane and not feel so alone. Thank you friends!!! 💛

I hope everyone gets their visas as soon as possible! 🌈

*Regarding additional docs - They asked for detail around all the travel I did (I did lots of business travel) And they specifically asked if I ever went back home (I think they were wanting to see if I needed to get an updated PCC - which I never got or added as I had not been home since arriving in Aus). 

Congrats... W

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jahidul said:

Hlo guys

is there anyone who has claim for their super?? What are the eligibilities  for claiming super? Can temporary visa holder claim for it?

Thanks

yes we can, I had applied and got the money already

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, siffi said:

Claiming for super , is it going to effect 887 application?  

well, I hope not, I don't see why it would. I mean, we can't get government help. How am I supposed to pay for my bills and put food on my plate?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Uetian said:

@nudgee @DVR

Do you have any information about  the validity of english test?

On the test certificate, validity period of two years is mentioned. But, the screenshot shared above by @Hans which I believe is the request  received from  DHA, indicated the test is more than 3 years old.

Thanks

Validity of English Tests

Tests conducted up to 3 years prior to lodgement of an application will be accepted by the Department of Immigration.

The only exception to this is for functional English - this requires testing to have been done at most 12 months before lodgement.

Found this on a MARA agent website. Link to the same is https://www.acacia-au.com/skilled-english.php

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 28-09-18 said:

Functional English

If your spouse or partner has less than functional English, then you would need to pay the "English Education Charge" to cover English language tuition in applying for skilled migration.

You can show you have functional English ability by providing evidence of one of the following:

1. Completion of a degree, higher degree, diploma or trade certificate that required at least 2 years of study in English medium
  2. Completion of all years of primary education and at least 3 years of secondary education in English medium; or
  3. Completion of at least 5 years of secondary education in English medium; or
  4. Scoring at least 4.5 averaged over the four components of the IELTS test within the 12 months before application, or during processing; or
  5. Completion in Australia of at least 1 year of full-time study or equivalent part-time study towards a degree, higher degree, diploma, or associate diploma in English medium.
  6. In some circumstances, functional English can be established via interview

So those primary applicants who have done atleast one year full time study and got the award won't be asked to provide proof again provided they upload the certificate and marksheet. 

How come they are asking for functional English now? Didn't we have to prove at least language proficiency when we applied for visa 489? I don't get it

More trouble for 887 applicants, they want functional English “at the time of application”, sadly almost half of the applicants were asked to provide English lately which cause major delay.

3 minutes ago, Fabio said:

How come they are asking for functional English now? Didn't we have to prove at least language proficiency when we applied for visa 489? I don't get it

We all have but as one of the member posted the screen shot of mail from CO, it is evident that it's individual CO's prerogative by asking for Functional English proof. However, some understand the point made by you and some even after understanding just follow their checklist.🙄🙄🙄