887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

11 hours ago, Summer said:

Almost the same for me but with reason, 

What do you think? Any suggestion?

I hope the reply from CO after the email from IMMI hotline personnel will be favorable.

image.png.78f922769c85634ea16334d584ea53e6.png

One more! Is yours case processed at Adelaide and case officer Lisa?

3 minutes ago, Megrand1 said:

Mine is still initial assessment.

Did you click "I provided information..."?

Yes, click i provided the information....

Just re-uploaded the same AFP National Police Check i have submitted last time. It was not mentioned, i need to submit a new one. 

I already clock option 33 back then from IMMI Purposes but still it show NAME CHECK ONLY on the final version. This is from www.afp.gov.au link. In case they will required me to provided an updated AFP Police check, i have applied again last night and still waiting for delivery of certificate with possible delays due to Covid.

52 minutes ago, Jessi said:

I had requested FOI from home affair regarding functional English is being asked from primary applicant of 887 let’s see what happens .I had also spoken to Mark from Migration Solution & he said he will raise the matter with ministers. I am planning to write to Ministers as well.Thats all I can think of doing till now.I request if anyone can help with wordings for letter to minister or any suggestion is of great help to me. At least I am not giving up.  

Great work.

You can consider adding few questions in your email, Talk more on English requirement rather than Inconsistency as it cannot be completely evidenced.

1. How can a applicant having a qualified level of English above functional level, gets no recognition in matter of three years? Provide a example of 'school and university' which  was mentioned earlier. 
  2. Why are the educational certificates provided at the time of 489  not considered for decision making in 887 ? 
  3. 887 is an extended pathway to 489 hence both applications and supporting documentation needs to be given equal weightage in terms of decision making for 887 visa application?
  4. Why is the 887 checklist available on IMMI website specifically state this requirement, currently only talks about dependent applicants ? it will assist the applicants to put forward all the relevant documentation in one go and make the process seamless for decision making.

It is fair to say and understand  that the current legislation/regulations might not allow such flexibility, but don't you agree  Honourable Minister that it is worth considering revision to these requirements in long run to make the process more efficient and less time consuming .

Additionally I have personally noticed a degree of inconsistency of decision making by different processing centres. Although I do not have the liberty to know each case completely as the case officer but I am reasonably sure on the circumstances in terms of English requirement request does differ especially between Adelaide and Brisbane offices. You would be in a much better position to investigate this matter or ask for an explanation.  

Even you consider my case where I have secured a  higher level of English which is classed above  functional level and completed my education with English as a medium of instruction is still been asked to provide further evidence to prove functional english.  More than happy to support the case officer in decision making of my application, but this is something which is already available in my application of 489. 

Please treat my letter as feedback from the client for the existing processes, you would agree with me that client feedback is critical to make the processes in place effective and efficient. 

Even though I was made to submit additional documents which I have duly completed, my efforts are to make things easier for  case officers and future applicants particularly when most  of the services are restricted in the times of COVID-19, 

Edited by TTTF
info
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Summer said:

Case being handled by GSM Adelaide based on the email i received.

CO name is ANDREJ

Welcome to the club.. dont worry much.. Just do what is being asked for as of now to address the case. Rest actions can run parallel. 

8 minutes ago, TTTF said:

Great work.

You can consider adding few questions in your email, Talk more on English requirement rather than Inconsistency as it cannot be completely evidenced.

1. How can a applicant having a qualified level of English above functional level, gets no recognition in matter of three years? Provide a example of 'school and university' which  was mentioned earlier. 
  2. Why are the educational certificates provided at the time of 489  not considered for decision making in 887 ? 
  3. 887 is an extended pathway to 489 hence both applications and supporting documentation needs to be given equal weightage in terms of decision making for 887 visa application?
  4. Why is the 887 checklist available on IMMI website specifically state this requirement, currently only talks about dependent applicants ? it will assist the applicants to put forward all the relevant documentation in one go and make the process seamless for decision making.

It is fair to say and understand  that the current legislation/regulations might not allow such flexibility, but don't you agree  Honourable Minister that it is worth considering revision to these requirements in long run to make the process more efficient and less time consuming .

Additionally I have personally noticed a degree of inconsistency of decision making by different processing centres. Although I do not have the liberty to know each case completely as the case officer but I am reasonably sure on the circumstances in terms of English requirement request does differ especially between Adelaide and Brisbane offices. You would be in a much better position to investigate this matter or ask for an explanation.  

Even you consider my case where I have secured a  higher level of English which is classed above  functional level and completed my education with English as a medium of instruction is still been asked to provide further evidence to prove functional english.  More than happy to support the case officer in decision making of my application, but this is something which is already available in my application of 489. 

Please treat my letter as feedback from the client for the existing processes, you would agree with me that client feedback is critical to make the processes in place effective and efficient. 

Even though I was made to submit additional documents which I have duly completed, my efforts are to make things easier for  case officers and future applicants particularly when most  of the services are restricted in the times of COVID-19, 

Thanks it looks fantastic hope it can be a eye opener 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jessi said:

I had requested FOI from home affair regarding functional English is being asked from primary applicant of 887 let’s see what happens .I had also spoken to Mark from Migration Solution & he said he will raise the matter with ministers. I am planning to write to Ministers as well.Thats all I can think of doing till now.I request if anyone can help with wordings for letter to minister or any suggestion is of great help to me. At least I am not giving up.  

Awesome stuff Jess

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiran seri said:

Hello members , 

GOOD NEW ,  

received a call from department asking to update my super statement, so I can revive the grant today .

will keep you updated 

apples on March 27 , 2019

Congrats May I Ask which office had process your visa & who is the Case officer 

On 5/18/2020 at 9:25 AM, nudgee said:

Hope they can clear all the March applications this week 🙂

4 minutes ago, Kiran seri said:

Hello members , 

GOOD NEW ,  

received a call from department asking to update my super statement, so I can revive the grant today .

will keep you updated 

Congrats! It's really good to see the line is moving fast.

Wonder anyone applied early March but not yet receiving anything? 

Hello members , 
GOOD NEW ,  

will keep you updated 

Congratulations but it’s also a wired request for you to update your super statement , do they ask for the current one?

15 minutes ago, Kiran seri said:

Hello members , 

GOOD NEW ,  

will keep you updated 

Congrats...