887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

1 hour ago, HarryGBIND said:

Hi everyone..hope you all keeping well during this unprecedented times...need some advise from experts here 🙂

Initial application for 887 September 2019

First contact June 20th 2020...CO requested Functional English...submitted in 2 weeks time.

second contact 2nd July requesting for Baby medicals...submitted in weeks time.

third contact 20th July requesting Baby Passport...submitted in 10 days times.

Now things have gone quite...no new request until now...like everyone out there who is eagerly awaiting Grant...same question from me...whats the trend if after 3 request and all docs are onboard...how much time for Grant.

Stay safe 🙂

I'm curious because I don't have a child yet, is the medical and passport for baby dependent on the CO request? Couldn't it be uploaded together with all the other requirements without waiting for a CO to request it?

21 hours ago, GD887 said:

Please update my details in excel tracker.

Applied on : 18/02/2020

First contact by CO: 03/08/2020

Thanks.

CO Lina requested for functional english for me & my partner. Provided Australian education transcripts for both both of us.on the same day. Im Sri Lankan.still havent heard 😔.

59 minutes ago, rsnnlcnns said:

I'm curious because I don't have a child yet, is the medical and passport for baby dependent on the CO request? Couldn't it be uploaded together with all the other requirements without waiting for a CO to request it?

Absolutely you can do that but then I was still waiting for my babies PP to be issued...that took a while to come through...but if you have any docs that you think is important just upload...dont think twice...hope that helps 🙂

21 hours ago, JayK said:

There are no waiting times. You could be eligible for family tax benefits and Parenting among others. Just apply, like I did😀... Waiting for outcome. In my case I have 3 kids and my wife has not returned to work with no maternity leave😟... Been hard.

I thought there is waiting time for FTB A? in ServiceAustralia website it mentions that 1 year waiting period. u mean 887 holders are exempt from this waiting period?

On 8/12/2020 at 2:03 PM, vannakuma said:

Were you a primary applicant for both 489 and 887 ?

My best guess is that "your change in relationship status" - slow down the processing time your application. 

887.321 The applicant continues to be a member of the family unit of a person who, having satisfied the primary criteria, is the holder of a Subclass 887 visa.

Hi MKaur,

yes, i am primary applicant for both 489 and 887 visa.

Thank you 

8 hours ago, mspaint said:

I thought there is waiting time for FTB A? in ServiceAustralia website it mentions that 1 year waiting period. u mean 887 holders are exempt from this waiting period?

All waiting times have been removed until 31 Dec 2020. It's only for that long. Enjoy while it lasts😀

Guys I have one question.

It may have been asked many times.I tried to search but could not find in the thread.Apologies for asking again.

Does the 1 year work needs to be continuous. I mean if you work on a contract job for 4 months and then for 1 month you do not get job and then you start working for another 7 months and then jobless for another 1 month and so on

Does it needs to continuous.

4 minutes ago, ausdre said:

It may have been asked many times.I tried to search but could not find in the thread.Apologies for asking again.

Does the 1 year work needs to be continuous. I mean if you work on a contract job for 4 months and then for 1 month you do not get job and then you start working for another 7 months and then jobless for another 1 month and so on

no, totally one year full time job within 4 yrs is enough

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ausdre said:

No it doesn't need to be continuous. As long as you have accumulated a total of 12 months you should be good.

2 minutes ago, rsnnlcnns said:

No it doesn't need to be continuous. As long as you have accumulated a total of 12 months you should be good.

In my case I worked continuously for 11 months and 22 days and I am short of 8 days . And my next joining is on 1st september. So I will complete that condition in the next company. I thought it needs to be continuous and one more thing if a person takes a paid leave does that day also get counted

3 minutes ago, ausdre said:

In my case I worked continuously for 11 months and 22 days and I am short of 8 days . And my next joining is on 1st september. So I will complete that condition in the next company. I thought it needs to be continuous and one more thing if a person takes a paid leave does that day also get counted

When you apply for 887 just put all pay slips (11 months plus  say you work 5 months at new place) put all. This is for safety, so CO has no excuse to ask you for more docs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TAS887 said:

When you apply for 887 just put all pay slips (11 months plus  say you work 5 months at new place) put all. This is for safety, so CO has no excuse to ask you for more docs.

I will do that . I even have the employment letter which mentions my end date and full time work.

It was just i was bit worried if it needs to be continuous or it can be ok like this as well.

Also If i take a paid leave then will the week gets counted 

16 minutes ago, ausdre said:

Also, in addition to what everyone has said, add your tax returns too. In my case, the payslips alone wasn't enough. My CO requested for PAYG Summary, Income Tax statements from ATO amongst other proof I met the 1 year criteria.

14 minutes ago, ausdre said:

I will do that . I even have the employment letter which mentions my end date and full time work.

It was just i was bit worried if it needs to be continuous or it can be ok like this as well.

Also If i take a paid leave then will the week gets counted 

Yes they should are counted.

Do also what @SamOS said. I also put all those docs. I even filtered my bank statement with all salary payments and uploaded on its own

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SamOS said:

Also, in addition to what everyone has said, add your tax returns too. In my case, the payslips alone wasn't enough. My CO requested for PAYG Summary, Income Tax statements from ATO amongst other proof I met the 1 year criteria.

That I will add. I already thought about it. It is just I was confused with the continuous work requirement

Did you also worked continuously or worked in between

Edited by ausdre

10 minutes ago, ausdre said:

That I will add. I already thought about it. It is just I was confused with the continuous work requirement

Did you also worked continuously or worked in between

I worked continuously for like 2 years but the CO still asked for the additional documents.

1 minute ago, ausdre said:

Did you work with the same company or you switched the companies.

Does anyone is on the same boat As I am like breaks in between the jobs.

Same company.

But it doesn't matter. I agree with what everyone suggested. As long as you have worked for 12 months (including paid annual leave) and you can provide payslips, PAYG etc. You don't have to worry about anything

36 minutes ago, SamOS said:

Same company.

But it doesn't matter. I agree with what everyone suggested. As long as you have worked for 12 months (including paid annual leave) and you can provide payslips, PAYG etc. You don't have to worry about anything

Thanks for the reply.

is there anyone in the thread who has been in my condition. I have few questions to ask.